Terry & Montez snubbed

turtle28

As much as I love Terry, and as much as I think he got hosed by terrible QB play, he probably didn’t have a case to get in there by the numbers. I’d say Calvin Ridley and Allen Robinson also probably both have just as good a case as Terry does.

Don’t think Chase probably earned it in terms of production. The rare occasion where a Washington player has so much name value that he actually gets more recognition than he probably deserves. Honestly, I might have gone with Sweat over him, based on the full season body of work.

I can’t believe I’m writing this sentence, but the Redskin who probably actually was most snubbed was...Logan Thomas. You could knock me over with a feather that I just strung those words together in that order. Evan Engram got the nod, and he has 54 catches for 572 yards and a TD, while Thomas has 62 catches for 570 yards and 5 TDs. Can’t imagine anyone would value Engram’s production more highly with a couple extra yards against a few more TDs.

It’s fun to have guys who make this sort of discussion interesting.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

Love Terry but last 3 weeks he has been a no show and has a lack of TDs.

asweat has better stats than Chase but Chase is a media darling/fan fav.

That’s bc Terry’s been doubled all year and the QB play hasn’t been anything better than average but it’s also true he doesn’t have the TDs even if the reason is bc of QB play, it doesn’t matter. If Dwayne had started all year I bet he’d have 6 or7 TDs as Dwayne force feeds him, but we wouldn’t be leading the division either which I think is a mirage that we are - I’d still rather have gone 3-13 to 5-11 this season and gotten a top 5 pick - but, it is what it is. 

Sweat got  snubbed for sure, he and Chase should’ve made it!

Also as E pointed out, Logan Thomas should’ve made it over Evan Ingram. Logan has 8 more catches and 4 more TDs! That’s the biggest snub!

I’d rather have these guys care more about winning then their popularity. Tez honestly maybe doesn’t have the top tier usual sack numbers but man you see that guy run plays down and he just does everything and he’s a beast. If anything this probably just fuels him more. Terry is just a class act. He will get his QB karma soon enough and this guy will be leading the league for years to come because he is that good yeah it’s cool to be mentioned in the pro bowl but I think these two both have plenty more years with that over top of their player post on prime time matchups. So it’s cool they will keep getting it and so will this team

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

As much as I love Terry, and as much as I think he got hosed by terrible QB play, he probably didn’t have a case to get in there by the numbers. I’d say Calvin Ridley and Allen Robinson also probably both have just as good a case as Terry does.

Don’t think Chase probably earned it in terms of production. The rare occasion where a Washington player has so much name value that he actually gets more recognition than he probably deserves. Honestly, I might have gone with Sweat over him, based on the full season body of work.

I can’t believe I’m writing this sentence, but the Redskin who probably actually was most snubbed was...Logan Thomas. You could knock me over with a feather that I just strung those words together in that order. Evan Engram got the nod, and he has 54 catches for 572 yards and a TD, while Thomas has 62 catches for 570 yards and 5 TDs. Can’t imagine anyone would value Engram’s production more highly with a couple extra yards against a few more TDs.

It’s fun to have guys who make this sort of discussion interesting.

Thin Packers TE with 10 TE prob should get in above Thomas but yes my 1s thaught shocked me when it was Thomas had a better year the Engram when looking at Roster

11 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d rather have these guys care more about winning then their popularity. Tez honestly maybe doesn’t have the top tier usual sack numbers but man you see that guy run plays down and he just does everything and he’s a beast. If anything this probably just fuels him more. Terry is just a class act. He will get his QB karma soon enough and this guy will be leading the league for years to come because he is that good yeah it’s cool to be mentioned in the pro bowl but I think these two both have plenty more years with that over top of their player post on prime time matchups. So it’s cool they will keep getting it and so will this team

To be fair them to them where I would want them thinking about winning too,Pro Bowls and Stats effect not only the money they are going to make but also how they are remembered,a Prime example of this is something like London Fletcher vs Brain Urlacher where London put up better career numbers but Urlacher got the pro bowls and popularity and Urlacher was a 1st ballot Hall of famer and London can't even crack the top 25 finalist.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s bc Terry’s been doubled all year and the QB play hasn’t been anything better than average but it’s also true he doesn’t have the TDs even if the reason is bc of QB play, it doesn’t matter. If Dwayne had started all year I bet he’d have 6 or7 TDs as Dwayne force feeds him, but we wouldn’t be leading the division either which I think is a mirage that we are - I’d still rather have gone 3-13 to 5-11 this season and gotten a top 5 pick - but, it is what it is. 

Sweat got  snubbed for sure, he and Chase should’ve made it!

Also as E pointed out, Logan Thomas should’ve made it over Evan Ingram. Logan has 8 more catches and 4 more TDs! That’s the biggest snub!

Top talents beat double team and make the probowl eitherway he us good but isnt a top 5 talent

15 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Top talents beat double team and make the probowl eitherway he us good but isnt a top 5 talent

Not when their QBs are average, a WR is the most reliant position on the field of having a good to great QB. Every elite WR has a good to great QB to get them the ball. Terry doesn’t have that yet. If we get an elite QB some day Terry will be considered an elite Wr. I mean Russ does as much for Metcalf as Metcalf does for Russ. 

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Not when their QBs are average, a WR is the most reliant position on the field of having a good to great QB. Every elite WR has a good to great QB to get them the ball. Terry doesn’t have that yet. If we get an elite QB some day Terry will be considered an elite Wr. I mean Russ does as much for Metcalf as Metcalf does for Russ. 

Well his # dont say he...I love him but im not a blind homer he is almost there but not there yet

Hopkins

Hill

Diggs

Ridley

Adams

Jefferson

he is Armari Cooper we havent seen a 150 yard plus or 3 TD performance from him.

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

Well his # dont say he...I love him but im not a blind homer he is almost there but not there yet

Hopkins

Hill

Diggs

Ridley

Adams

Jefferson

he is Armari Cooper we havent seen a 150 yard plus or 3 TD performance from him.

All those WRs have good to elite Qbs, you just proved my point. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1