Week 6 - Rams at Jaguars

RamRod

This game scares me a little bit to be honest. This Jaguars team is obviously better than the teams they've had recently.

We should be able to limit them offensively as long as we can keep Fournette in check. It's the defense that worries me. Bouye and Ramsey have been shutting down WRs and their defensive lineman like Calais Campbell and Ngakoue have been disruptive.

We're gonna have to get Todd more involved than he was against the Seahawks. Can't pull the same stuff the Steelers did against them.

We've got some very winnable games coming up, so I think its important we do just that, win.

Coming into the game vs the Steelers, I believe the Jaguars had the worst rush defense in the league.  For some reason the Steelers decided to throw the football a lot, that's something I don't expect from the Rams.  I expect a heavy dose of Todd Gurley.  On defense, I would stack the box so hard and force Blake Bortles to lead the team to victory.  This game should definitely be a win for the Rams.  Jacksonville is a quality team and they're going to be really good in the future, I just think the Rams can expose some of their weaknesses.

This game doesn't scare me at all. Bortles only passed one time in the 2nd half against the Steelers. Can't hide your QB in the NFL. The Rams shut down Zeke in the 2nd half of the Dallas game then shut down the Seahawks running game. I believe the Rams will at least slow down Fournette and force Bortles to beat them in which he won't.

On the flip side, the offense shot themselves in the foot again Seattle. Goff helped the Rams move up and down the field against a tough Seattle defense. If it wasn't for missed opportunities inside the 20, the Rams win by at least 10pts. I think McVay will get that fix and the Rams will respond. They are 2-0 on the road averaging 38pts in those two games. I think the Rams put up at worst 24pts and that will be good enough to win because unless the Jags score tds on defense/special teams, I don't think they will do a lot on offense being on dimensional against this Wade Phillips defense who is rounding into form now. Bortles isn't Wilson or even Cousins. Rams will respond and win. Again I'm not scared of this game. 

The next game I'm worried about is Week 9 at home versus the Texans just because of their improved offense. Their defense won't be threatened after losing both Watt and Mercilus and obviously not having Cushing. That game could be a shootout but even that game I like the Rams. So the Jags I feel good about, the Cards I feel good about, BYE, then the Giants with no OBJ I feel good about then home against the Texans is somewhat a concern but still feel good about. Rams could start 4-0 in true road games (SF, Dal, Jac, NYG). Tough traveling but the schedule is not hard at all in my opinion. Rams I expect at worst to be 3-1 in the next 4 games (Jags, Cards, Giants, Texans). So we are looking at possibly 6-3 which I'd gladly take. 

Archived