How to handle Ben moving forward

Steelers22

7 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Not Ben's fault bro.  

Yeah, he didn't have his best game by any means.  It was mostly Johnson, JuJu, and Ebron forgetting how to catch the football up to this point.  

When we were on our win streak, everybody was saying that Ben was having an MVP season.  

Now, you want to get rid of him after one lousy game.  

Tom Brady threw those two interceptions his first game with Tampa, and everybody blows up the headlines.  

Same thing when Aaron Rodgers threw those two rare picks with no TDs when he played Tampa.  

But, Ben has a game like this and you're ready to trade for Stafford or quack Darnold. 

God, it's like the seasons with you people.  

Ben deserves a LOT of the blame for this last game

5 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Yeah, but that's not my point.  

The whole trading for Stafford bit, thats our wishes BEYOND this season. Let's be honest even the regression of Brady and AR as he current is, they have more time ahead of them in the NFL than Ben does. We see a lot of regression in him and very little reason to be optimistic that'll change.

Ben hasn’t played well over the last month...however I think people jumping up and down saying “Ben is toast” etc are a bit premature.

OL, run game, drops all have been a problem, Fichtner as well.

He may well be but a month ago, he was playing solid.

Let’s see what happens ROS and go from there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

The whole trading for Stafford bit, thats our wishes BEYOND this season. Let's be honest even the regression of Brady and AR as he current is, they have more time ahead of them in the NFL than Ben does. We see a lot of regression in him and very little reason to be optimistic that'll change.

Yeah, they were pocket QBs that didn't take the hits Ben did.  

Everybody knows that.  

But, forget about us having a backup plan.  

Tomlin has no backup plan for whenever Ben decides to leave the game.  

Because, that's what it's going to take.  

4 hours ago, AFF said:

Ben hasn’t played well over the last month...however I think people jumping up and down saying “Ben is toast” etc are a bit premature.

He was playing solid before they learned how to stop the short passing game and started forcing Ben into making more contested short throws or throwing it past 10 yards...and we have seen the results.

There are a lot of issues on offense.   Its not just Ben, for sure.   But a $40M QB needs to be able to do more than he is capable of doing right now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AFF said:

agree with this post

dont get me wrong ben has been hot *** this past few weeks but as i said in the GDT you don’t get reamed by the bengals unless your whole team has played like hot *** not just your signal caller

we can still regroup

in spite of this horror spiral we still have got the second best record in the league and a playoff berth sewn up, and we’ve got guys with experience in the postseason mixed up with young guys who have points to prove and doubly so after what has happened these past weeks 

because the opposition has figured out how to stop the short passing game

because the opposition had no problems stopping whatever thought of a run game  we try

because we have an elite defence that is championship calibre

because ben is older and not the scrambling mobile QB he used to be

because ben picked the OC, he can't blame the OC for anything especially if he does call some of his own plays

it's time for Ben to earn his $ and prove that he can do what it takes.

I don't think he is capable anymore in the above scenario (too much to overcome) , the team falls with him at QB in these conditions  unless a miracle in the run game and play calling occurs  or if the defence can score TD's weekly and keep the field position favourable.

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

In favor of who?  Rudolph?  No thank you.  I'll take my chances with Ben.

Maybe. The fact is that Ben needs to realize his play is unacceptable but right now he has no reason to make improvements because he is the starter unless Injured. He could have 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles in a game, all returned for TDs and still wouldn't be benched.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe. The fact is that Ben needs to realize his play is unacceptable but right now he has no reason to make improvements because he is the starter unless Injured. He could have 5 ints and 5 lost fumbles in a game, all returned for TDs and still wouldn't be benched.

he runs the team, so unless he pulls him self out of the game , it ain't happening. He might have to fake an injury if it gets really bad, but at least then there is a 'reason' 9_9. I don't expect the OL to suddenly learn how to run block either, especially vs legit defences which is what they will face.