2020 Titans Goal...Be the 2006 Colts

KingTitan

Top scoring offense.
Won some close games.
Loss games in embarrassing ways.
Horrific defense (Run defense for them)
12-4 Division Champions

They only gave up 44, 83, 93, and 111 yards to win the Super Bowl. They allowed 200 plus rushing yards 4 times and close just shy of 200 yards 3 times. 

That year's Titans ran for 200 plus yards both times against them.

But they beat a Chiefs ground attack led by 1700 yard rusher Larry Johnson
Beat a Ravens team lead 1100 rusher Jamal Lewis
Went 12-4 that year.

A turn around can happen. Just hope we can duplicate that effort

Got to playoffs and turned their defense around....
Super Bowl Champs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

You can fix issues stopping the run 

you can’t fix a pass rush

Im hoping that Adoree and Fulton can make the QB hold the ball a half a second longer or so and Landry can at the very LEAST get some pressure and cause some bad throws. idk

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

Im hoping that Adoree and Fulton can make the QB hold the ball a half a second longer or so and Landry can at the very LEAST get some pressure and cause some bad throws. idk

I seriously don’t mean to be such a negative Ned but

we can all go into our local church and light a candle. We can make a donation to charity and hope for karma. We can all help an old lady cross the street.

nothing is going to fix this pass rush by season’s end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I seriously don’t mean to be such a negative Ned but

we can all go into our local church and light a candle. We can make a donation to charity and hope for karma. We can all help an old lady cross the street.

nothing is going to fix this pass rush by season’s end.

We are going to need some luck, the defense to get timely turnovers and red zone stops, great offense, and a good matchup each week in the playoffs. Weird things can happen. This is football people get injured. With the current state of the AFC and with our offense I think we can realistically beat every AFC team except for KC, even with our piss pour d. You never know maybe we wont even have to play KC? A lot of things can happen, this is the nfl, for christ's sake Nick Foles lead the eagles to a Super Bowl and a shootout win against the Patriots just two years ago. I know it is a long shot, but I have watched some weird things happen in the NFL, look at the 2011 Giants, their D was not very good all year and they got hot in the playoffs. They were 25th in scoring and 27th in yards allowed and barely made the playoffs. Why not us?

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

We are going to need some luck, the defense to get timely turnovers and red zone stops, great offense, and a good matchup each week in the playoffs. Weird things can happen. This is football people get injured. With the current state of the AFC and with our offense I think we can realistically beat every AFC team except for KC, even with our piss pour d. You never know maybe we wont even have to play KC? A lot of things can happen, this is the nfl, for christ's sake Nick Foles lead the eagles to a Super Bowl and a shootout win against the Patriots just two years ago. I know it is a long shot, but I have watched some weird things happen in the NFL, look at the 2011 Giants, their D was not very good all year and they got hot in the playoffs. They were 25th in scoring and 27th in yards allowed and barely made the playoffs. Why not us?

That’s all fine, dandy and true 

but none of what you said has anything to do with fixing a pass rush

9 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

That’s all fine, dandy and true 

but none of what you said has anything to do with fixing a pass rush

Who knows. None of us have the answers. I am not some NFL coach. What I meant by that statement is things can change. The playoffs are a different animal. Last year on the run when Tannehill stepped in we struggled to keep a team under 20, then we got to the playoffs and held the Patriots and Ravens to 13 and 12. ***** get tight. Vrabel has some balls that are a bit bigger in the playoffs. We didn't have any sacks against Brady last year in the playoffs and won. I don't know? Maybe Adoree comes back and helps? Maybe Simmons starts to deal with double teams better? Maybe we sign someone? Maybe we outcoach a team? Maybe our offense is good enough to overcome the pass rush? We will see.