2020 GDT Week #16 Steelers vs. Colts

Steeler Hitman

Something else I noticed while rewatching this game was that Chase looked back to normal. I know everyone jumped on Tomlin for the Rookie Wall comment... but go back and watch the Bills game and see how, well, just flat out awful Claypool was at getting off the line. And I dont just mean the time White absolutely put Chase on his butt in press. He was the last man off the line constantly, sometimes looking like it was a real labor to actually move. 

I know his situation has been weird, but I do think there was something there to make Tomlin cut his reps. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I have that fear as well but it’s a risk I’m willing to take to keep Hilton. We clearly will not be able to keep both.

I forgot to mention Banner in my post. I’d probably put him in between Feiler and Sutton. Cam moves up to #2 if Hilton is gone.

this is it , this season or bust. I can't see the team being near as good next year . Unless of course they fire fichner and the OL somehow run blocks and the offence does its part.  Right now many7 here are hoping to keep the defence together, because the offence has been trash and is expected to be  that way next year if fichner is here. He better be gone

12 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

In terms of priority this is how I would rate our FAs:

Bud

Hilton (He impacts our defense almost as much as Bud with a worse replacement if we don’t retain Sutton)

Juju (the biggest luxury to bring back IMO. I would love to have him back but Claypool, DJ, J Wash is a more than serviceable 3 WR set and we will probably draft another regardless)

Feiler (I think they should move him back out to RT and let Dotson start)

Sutton (hasn’t looked AS good in a more expanded role this year, Hilton miles better/more impactful. Sutton’s value lies in his versatility)

Tyson

Conner

AV (wouldn’t be surprised if he retires, he looks done)

I think this list is pretty good, although I'd put AV a few spots higher. I think Bud, Hilton, and Juju have priced themselves out of coming back to the Steelers. They will all get significant money elsewhere. Feiler has been underwhelming this year but I agree, he was quite good at RT last year. Sutton is just a completely different player than Hilton. Our scheme, oddly, revolves heavily on Hilton's ability to stop the run and blitz. We can't run that with Sutton but I think Sutton is pretty damn good in coverage.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Here’s a good breakdown of Dotson’s play from Sunday. I really hope he’s overtaken Feiler. I think Feiler is the weak link on the line. 

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/12/31/22206595/film-room-kevin-dotsons-return-revitalized-the-steelers-offensive-line-david-decastro-week-16-colts

Minka through trade

Dotson

Highsmith

Claypool

the returns from the 2020 draft have been great so far.

Edited by August4th

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Here’s a good breakdown of Dotson’s play from Sunday. I really hope he’s overtaken Feiler. I think Feiler is the weak link on the line. 

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/12/31/22206595/film-room-kevin-dotsons-return-revitalized-the-steelers-offensive-line-david-decastro-week-16-colts

Feiler at OG was the weak link.  He hasn't played OG since early HS.  Moving him inside was a mistake.  Shoulda put him back at RT and put the rook in at LG from the start.  At least we learned Chuks Okorafor is solid.

19 hours ago, warfelg said:

Feiler at OG was the weak link.  He hasn't played OG since early HS.  Moving him inside was a mistake.  Shoulda put him back at RT and put the rook in at LG from the start.  At least we learned Chuks Okorafor is solid.

I’m bummed Banner got hurt. I think he was going to be a star. I hope we can bring him back. Good call about Chuks too.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m bummed Banner got hurt. I think he was going to be a star. I hope we can bring him back. Good call about Chuks too.

It would be interesting to see if they think Banner or Chuks can play LT. IIRC Banner is an ERFA this year, so if Chucks can pass at LT, we could have bookend tackles at under $3mil combined. 

Edited by warfelg