Turtle's Mock Off-season 2.0

turtle28

We lose Ryan Kerrigan in free agency to the Baltimore Ravens because Kerrigan wants to play first of all, and play for a Super Bowl contender and wants to say in the area. We lose Faboan Moreau to a team that thinks he could be a starter and a #2 CB.

Dwayne Haskins traded for a 4th round pick.

Re-sign

Brandon Scherff - 6 years, $80 million. 2020 cap hit, $8 million

Ronald Darby - 4 years, $45 million. 2020 cap hit, $7 million

Chase Roullier - 5 years, $40 million. 2020 cap hit, $6 million

Sammy Watkins - 3 year, $30 million. 2020 cap hit $5 million

Jacob Hollister - 2 year, $5 million. 2020 cap hit $2 million

KPL - 1 years, $3 million. 

Ryan Anderson - 1 year, $1 million

2021 NFL DRAFT

Round 1:  Dylan Moses, MLB, Alabama

Round 2: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State

Round 3: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

Round 3: Ar'Darius Washington, FS, TCU

Round 4: Tommy Kraemer, OG, Notre Dame

Round 4: Barron Browning, SLB, Ohio State

Round 5: Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin

Round 7: Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State

You're 2021 Washington... Red Wolves?? Maybe?

QB: Alex Smith, Kyle Allen, Mac Jones

RB: Antonio Gibson, McKissic, Peyton Barber, Kylin Hill

LT: Cornelius Lucas, Gerron Christian

LG: Saahdiq Charles, Wes Scherweitzer

C : Chase Roullier, Keith Ismael

RG: Brandon Scherff, Tommy Kraemer

RT: Morgan Moses, David Sharpe

WR1: Terry McLaurin, Cam Sims

WR2: Sammy Watkins, Antonio Gandy Golden

Slot: Chris Olave, Steven Sims

TE: Logan Thomas, Jacob Hollister, Jake Ferguson

Defense

RDE: Montez Sweat, Ryan Anderson

UT: Jon Allen, Matt Ioannidis

NT: Da''Ron Payne, Tim Settle

LDE: Chase Young, James Smith Williams

WLB: Landon Collins, KPL, Khaleke Hudson

MLB: Dylan Moses, SDH

SLB: Cole Holcomb, Barron Browning

CB1: Kendall Fuller, Greg Stroman

CB2: Ronald Darby, Danny Johnson

Slot: Jimmy Moreland

SS: Kamren Curl, Jeremy Reaves

FS: DeShazor Everrett, Ar'Darius Washington

• Like 2

I think that's a strong offseason.....

1. Brandon Sherrif with his injury history, how much of that 80M is Guaranteed?

and

2. Do you think Mac Jones is there in round 3? (I think you have 3 go in the first 7, Lawrence, Ohio State and Trey Lance. And I think Mac Jones, BYU and Trask sneak into the back of round 1 or you have guys moving up in round 2 to get a "QB"...next years class is gonna suck, you got Sam Howell from UNC and the big kid from Oregon who is NOT Herbert, but he looks like him size and somewhat tools wise...and that is it).

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think that's a strong offseason.....

1. Brandon Sherrif with his injury history, how much of that 80M is Guaranteed?

and

2. Do you think Mac Jones is there in round 3? (I think you have 3 go in the first 7, Lawrence, Ohio State and Trey Lance. And I think Mac Jones, BYU and Trask sneak into the back of round 1 or you have guys moving up in round 2 to get a "QB"...next years class is gonna suck, you got Sam Howell from UNC and the big kid from Oregon who is NOT Herbert, but he looks like him size and somewhat tools wise...and that is it).

I’d love to get Scherff for less, but I don’t think it happens. They’re going to have to overpay some as they have to with all FAs bc we aren’t a consistent winner, this is not a destination choice for great FAs unless we beat other teams with $$.

I actually don’t think Mac Jones will make past the top 50, but I used Drafttek and they had him in the 3rd so I figured, what the hey! I went with it!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Mac Jones will most likely end up a late first rounder. Was Trey Lance gone by your pick? 

I used Drafttek and Lance wasn’t gone, in fact Drafttek had us picking Trey Lance; I passed on him personally took Dylan Moses. Sorry, I just am not sold on the guy. I think he needs years of development & we never seem to develop QBs who need 2-3 years of development before they become good NFL starters anymore. I guess we did it with Kirk, but generally it doesn’t work for us. I just don’t want to go through that bs again, it’s just a personal thing I can’t get over.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

It’s not bad 

things I like

1 resigning Darby and scherrf

2 letting Fabian walk

3 letting kerrigan walk

4 picks 3B through 5

5 confidence in Logan Thomas

6 the Haskins trade, I would honestly take anything

things I would change/dislike

1 the length of the scherrf contract unless we have an out

2 while I like Darby I don’t want to commit to paying over 11 mil a year. That’s elite money and while he has been good this year let’s not forget he has a injury history and he looks even better bc we get pressure, that’s elite money

3 1-3 in the draft concern me, Dylan Moses isn’t what he used to be and I think if we did go LB Zaven Collins would be a beast there! 2 idk about another rookie WR that high unless their names are Chase, Smith, Waddle, or Bateman. And lastly I like the Mac Jones pick if he was there but I believe he is sure to be gone by the

4 and this one is nothing bad but I’m just not a fan of Sammy Watkins. There is a slew of other options at WR in FA where we could either go big for Robinson or galladay or get a guy like Marvin Jones or Samuel

In all I think it’s decent but I believe the money could be an issue 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

and this one is nothing bad but I’m just not a fan of Sammy Watkins. There is a slew of other options at WR in FA where we could either go big for Robinson or galladay or get a guy like Marvin Jones or Samuel

I think we have to settle for Sammy Watkins. We have to realize that receivers don’t want to come here bc we don’t have much at QB. So, we overpay a little to get a good #2 WR like Watkins.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:13 AM, turtle28 said:

KPL - 1 years, $3 million. 

Ryan Anderson - 1 year, $1 million

Can you explain these two to me?

If you think KPL can be the guy at OLB (and you don't know how the draft is going to roll so letting him walk is a bit dicey), wouldn't you want to sign him for at least two years? If nothing else as a bridge/insurance option?

And why on Earth would you spend anything for Anderson at this point, much less $1M? A backup/special teams type defensive end can be found in UDFA. Or is this a "vet min special" deal? https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know-0ap3000001106817 (veteran salary benefit or a four-year qualifying contract)

On 12/22/2020 at 11:58 PM, LoganF89 said:

4 and this one is nothing bad but I’m just not a fan of Sammy Watkins. There is a slew of other options at WR in FA where we could either go big for Robinson or galladay or get a guy like Marvin Jones or Samuel

I'm with Logan on this one; not a fan of the Watkins signing (massive injury risk).

17 hours ago, Woz said:

Can you explain these two to me?

If you think KPL can be the guy at OLB (and you don't know how the draft is going to roll so letting him walk is a bit dicey), wouldn't you want to sign him for at least two years? If nothing else as a bridge/insurance option?

And why on Earth would you spend anything for Anderson at this point, much less $1M? A backup/special teams type defensive end can be found in UDFA. Or is this a "vet min special" deal? https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know-0ap3000001106817 (veteran salary benefit or a four-year qualifying contract)

The reason I wouldn’t give KPL a 2 year deal is the same reason they didn’t last year, they weren’t sure if the young guys - Holcomb, SDH, JHC or Foster - would be able to beat him out and this offseason I’d throw Khaleke Hudson, JHC coming back from taking off bc of COVID and trying Landon Collins at WLB to try to really upgrade the WLB position.

I thought the vet min was around $1 million if it’s not then I’d give Anderson whatever the vet min is.

And, lookie here, sorry for being off by a $90,000 dollars. I love you woz, but give me a break here brother. Damn 

Minimum salaries in 2020 based on Credited Seasons (CS):

0 CS: $610,000
1 CS: $675,000
2 CS: $750,000
3 CS: $825,000
4-6 CS: $910,000
7+ CS: $1,050,000

Edited by turtle28