2021 DB Prospects

QBIso

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I wouldn't consider him until the 3rd round with all of this. May get blasted for that, but caution is a must with injury histories, IMO. 9ers have had far too many prospects ruined by injury (thanks to Baalke's tendency to draft injured talent).

You and I aren't always of a similar mindset, but we are on this one. Maybe it is just PTSD from Baalke and last year, but definitely a hard pass for me in the first two rounds for us. 

28 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I wouldn't consider him until the 3rd round with all of this. May get blasted for that, but caution is a must with injury histories, IMO. 9ers have had far too many prospects ruined by injury (thanks to Baalke's tendency to draft injured talent).

And it also could be a possibility that a team who is comfortable in drafting him high is putting these medicals out for this exact reaction.

I remember Marshon Lattimore having a terrible injury history at tOSU and he turned out pretty well as well as I remembering Gronk getting supposed bad medicals late in the pre draft process and turned out to be one of the best TEs ever. But then again, I understand your apprehension. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And it also could be a possibility that a team who is comfortable in drafting him high is putting these medicals out for this exact reaction.

I remember Marshon Lattimore having a terrible injury history at tOSU and he turned out pretty well as well as I remembering Gronk getting supposed bad medicals late in the pre draft process and turned out to be one of the best TEs ever. But then again, I understand your apprehension. 

The difference being Lattimore had a good final year leading into the draft, while Farley took a year off and still got injured again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The difference being Lattimore had a good final year leading into the draft, while Farley took a year off and still got injured again.

Which means he had a great final year of film, that said. I wouldn't be surprised one bit that he had a fantastic career regardless. Or have a career where he had at least 5 years of elite play and his couldn't go because of injuries. I'd sign up for that....

Edited by MSURacerDT55