2021 DB Prospects

QBIso

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 1:40 PM, jrry32 said:

Plus, he has great bloodlines. Kyle Pitts is his daddy.

It looked like on one play Joseph bit on a good route by Pitts and did not have safety help, which went for a long touchdown. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe Pitts caught another pass in that game against Joseph. There was also a play in the end zone where Joseph had great position but got called for being grabby, but it was a sequence where the referees took control of the game by calling like five major penalties in about seven plays against Kentucky.

I don't consider that game an indication of Pitts owning Joseph. In fact it seems like Florida spent their playcalling capital in keeping Pitts far away from Joseph in the second half.

Not saying I love Joseph, but none of my problems are with his on-field 2020 performance.

57 minutes ago, Techbert said:

It looked like on one play Joseph bit on a good route by Pitts and did not have safety help, which went for a long touchdown. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe Pitts caught another pass in that game against Joseph. There was also a play in the end zone where Joseph had great position but got called for being grabby, but it was a sequence where the referees took control of the game by calling like five major penalties in about seven plays against Kentucky.

I don't consider that game an indication of Pitts owning Joseph. In fact it seems like Florida spent their playcalling capital in keeping Pitts far away from Joseph in the second half.

Not saying I love Joseph, but none of my problems are with his on-field 2020 performance.

Florida always moves Pitts around. Pitts burnt Joseph for a long TD. Would have caught another TD if not for DPI. And Joseph got away with some very blatant holding on a couple other plays I saw. But Joseph was hardly the only top CB that Pitts worked. Pitts is just that much of a mismatch.

5 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Richie is about 2 tiers better than both of these guys.

That is not really fair to say because Holland was a 1st round pick before sitting out this season and Cisco barely played at all this season as well.  Both are big time players but for the Vikings, since they want Harrison Smith around the line of scrimmage more able to blitz and move around, they would need a coverage safety and Grant is the best in that regard.

Cisco can move around and play in the box or back deep but is more a SS type and Holland can also move around a ton and make plays on the football but is arguably not as athletic as Grant in coverage speed.

Will see how Cisco and Holland time out, if they run well could easily see Holland for sure going 1st round.  Elijah Molden's versatility would be interesting as well, could argue he can play slot CB or FS or even outside CB if need be.  He could be great in coverage and do a variety of things but is probably gone by the 2nd round.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EirePacker said:

Does anyone know where to find any more film on Kelvin Joseph.?  He was one of the few DB's to play smith well.

2 hours ago, EirePacker said:

Does anyone know where to find any more film on Kelvin Joseph.?  He was one of the few DB's to play smith well.

Yes Kelvin played Smith well on two plays I believe, at least in this video clip up.  That one INT was really just a forced throw, not sure it was amazing coverage by Joseph who by percentage maybe was on DeVonta what 10% of the time if that, maybe 20% but that would be a stretch.  DeVonta Smith had 22 yards against Arkansas, that mean they have good DBs, sure they have decent DBs but that game was 52-3, and this UK game was 63-3 so there is something to be said there.  Both blow out wins where maybe they are just trying things offensively and are clearly not targeting Smith much but he still got 144 yards and 2 TDs against UK.  Sure that was not all against Kelvin but that is because he did not cover him all game.

Also Kelvin's tackling is more than suspect, he struggles with it, likes pass coverage and has fine ball skills but is a raw player no doubt but has great upside and should be a good value in the middle to late rounds.  Not sure he shut Smith down, again yeah maybe if one only looks at two plays where one is an overthrow and the other is forced into coverage and was underthrown.