2021 DB Prospects

QBIso

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Wonder why he took so long to get it done. The timing could not have been worse.

Kind of suggests it flared up recently for sure.  

I could see him fall to Rd3+.   Back injuries are just so scary to risk early draft capital on.  He’s a total baller too feel bad for him. 

I'm curious what people think about Ardarius Washington S TCU? I know PFF is very high on him but I imagine people have reservations because of his size. The minimal amount I saw from him gave me the impression that he could be a really effective center fielder type. Any thoughts?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I'm curious what people think about Ardarius Washington S TCU? I know PFF is very high on him but I imagine people have reservations because of his size. The minimal amount I saw from him gave me the impression that he could be a really effective center fielder type. Any thoughts?

I have my doubts about him as a single-high safety. Don't think he has quite the range to do it at a high level in the NFL. I think he'd make a great split safety or slot CB, though. He's small with average speed. But he has great agility, tackles well, good instincts, no fear, and good ball skills. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hopper15 said:

It's his second procedure on his back and this one is after he missed a year of football. That would scare me.

That's a massive problem.     The return rate from lumbar surgery is about 75-80 percent - but this is the 2nd time.   That alone suggests this is a recurring issue.    

The other problem - the price.   It's one thing to invest a Day 2 or Day 3 pick on a guy with back issues.   A Rd1 pick is a massive investment.      At the very least, it would be surprising to see him go any earlier than 3rd CB behind Surtain Jr. & Horn.    But that 2nd surgery, year off and no ability to judge his rehab - man, I wouldn't be suprised to see a Rd2 fall - and sometimes, the fall gets crazy.

2 minutes ago, brushmyhair said:

He'll still be a first rd pick, but he's going to be the 3rd CB off the board 

Yeah, but I would take him first still. He's got insane talent and great tape. I know his back stuff is concerning, but the dude could be the best CB in the league in due time. I can't justify passing up on him because he might have back issues.

Just now, LinebackerGod said:

Yeah, but I would take him first still. He's got insane talent and great tape. I know his back stuff is concerning, but the dude could be the best CB in the league in due time. I can't justify passing up on him because he might have back issues.

Back injuries are not something worth gambling on. Being on the field is way more important. I don't care how talented someone is at CB, If they are having back problems early in their career, that's not worth passing on Surtain and Horn. You can't become the best CB in football if you are not on the field 

On 3/22/2021 at 9:33 PM, Folesadelphia said:

Instinctive playmaker but yeah he's giving up a lot in terms of speed and size. He also writes checks his body can't cash and I think durability could be an issue. Reminds me of a lesser Rodney Mcleod.