Dan Snyder Sexual Harassment Scandal

MKnight82

22 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah and all Kraft got was a slap on the wrist.

What Kraft did was totally different. He wasn’t accused of assaulting someone unless I’m mistaken and Kraft has run the flagship organization of the league for almost the entirety of his tenure. Snyder, on the other hand, has taken one of the leagues most storied franchises and ran it into the ground to the point it’s now an afterthought located in the Nations Capital. Other than being a crappy owner they’ve never really had anything bad enough to push him out, this is that situation however. I’m sure the league would much rather have a more respected person owning and running the Washington Football Team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What Kraft did was totally different. He wasn’t accused of assaulting someone unless I’m mistaken and Kraft has run the flagship organization of the league for almost the entirety of his tenure. Snyder, on the other hand, has taken one of the leagues most storied franchises and ran it into the ground to the point it’s now an afterthought located in the Nations Capital. Other than being a crappy owner they’ve never really had anything bad enough to push him out, this is that situation however. I’m sure the league would much rather have a more respected person owning and running the Washington Football Team. 

32 owners =probably 32 skeletons .--Just saying. They didn't get rich by just watching the world go by .

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, lavar703 said:

At what point does the NFL say enough with this guy? He’s already taken one of their flagship franchises and turned them into an irrelevant mess. Now this stuff is just disastrous for the league and the time we’re currently living in. He’s just an absolute mistake of an owner and I can’t imagine the league allows his ownership to continue on much longer. I’d almost be willing to bet he’s not the owner of the team by the start of next season. 

The sad part is that had this come out in a "normal" year, I think there would be a lot more activity to push him out. There's just too much happening right now in the world for this to register, which is truly heartbreaking (not just saying that as a fan who wants to see him gone, but just as a human).

All we can hope is that another allegation pops.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, Troublez said:

The problem is that the other owners don't want to set precedent. You know those boys - who are much older and richer - have worse skeletons in their closet. 

This is also very possible.

However, if the "hits" keep on dropping, I think it gets to a point where the rest of the NFL says "it may be creating a precedent if we get caught/exposed in the future, but this jackass is making us look bad right now."

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/12593/daniel-snyder 

• Washington Football Team owner Daniel Snyder was accused of corporate malfeasance in an affidavit filed Monday. 

This is the latest in the Football Team ownership saga, with three of Snyder's limited partners trying to force Snyder to accept the sale of their combined 40 percent interest in the team. Snyder has accused the partners of planting stories of his alleged sexual misconduct in the national media. Now, John Moag, the partners' advisor, claims Snyder sent "intruders" to his home to harass and intimidate him. Moag is accusing Snyder of "serious corporate irregularities," including “long missing financials, breaches of the partnership agreement, and other significant issues, some now being litigated in Judge (Peter) Messitte’s court, and others in ongoing arbitration." Probably this legal battle will get messier before it's resolved. 

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Dec 29, 2020, 9:09 AM ET

•  

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I can’t imagine the NFL owners keeping him around but, like others have said they won’t want their skeletons out there too so maybe they’ll turn a blind eye to what’s going on with Snyder. TBD I guess.

NFL knew about the sexual harassment settlement as well.  

Chances are Snyder isn't going to be forced to sell, but this doesn't look good for him to have other partners in the team.  He's probably going to have to buy them out.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

NFL knew about the sexual harassment settlement as well.  

Chances are Snyder isn't going to be forced to sell, but this doesn't look good for him to have other partners in the team.  He's probably going to have to buy them out.  

It's amazing how things can change when the public finds out though, no?

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's amazing how things can change when the public finds out though, no?

Potentially.  But this isn't a Donald Sterling-level event that is causing rage through, well, everywhere, and I'll be honest, I am a bit surprised given the attention the name-change has been given nationally, as well as the #me-too movement.  But not surprised enough to think he's going to get removed.  

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Potentially.  But this isn't a Donald Sterling-level event that is causing rage through, well, everywhere, and I'll be honest, I am a bit surprised given the attention the name-change has been given nationally, as well as the #me-too movement.  But not surprised enough to think he's going to get removed.  

When the season is over, and there is nothing to talk about between the Wizards continuing to suck and Nats not yet started (hockey is a small niche as we know), this might get hammered for a while in the local media. There just might not be anything else.