Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks -- week 16

showtime

This game is obviously huge in determining who wins the division. If Seattle wins, they win the division. The Rams come into this game boasting the #1 rated pass defense in the league and Seattle pass offense hasn't been great lately. Last time around, Ramsey did an excellent job on Metcalf. Seems like both offensive units are kind of struggling at this point, but Seattle does have the 32nd ranked pass defense, so that should be something the Rams can take advantage of.

hJRMBQv.jpg

10 hours ago, animaltested said:

Absolutely expect Seattle to lose this week.

Same. Vegas has the wrong team favored and the public has responded accordingly (line went from -3 to -1 since Monday). 

But these also tend to be the games where the team plays above expectations. I just can’t trust us with the way Wilson has been playing. 

I think most people havent came around to the fact that the Rams have the Seahawks number. Its mind blowing that since 2014 the Rams are (9-4) against the Seahawks. Under McVay the Rams are (5-2) and one loss came on a Kupp td drop that wouldve won the game in 2017 and a Zeurlein missed field goal that wouldve won the game in 2019. So really the Rams were so close to being (7-0) under McVay against the Seahawks. Now the difference between the Rams owning the Cards versus the Seahawks is the Rams flat out dominate the Cards. The games arent really close. The Seahawks games besides two have been close. Some have felt like the Rams dominated even the score have been closer but in general the games are close where a handful of plays here or there couldve made the difference. Like in 2018 both games were shootouts and the game in Seattle I feel like if Goff didnt get that 1st down on 4th and 1 the Seahawks wouldve won that game. 

I wouldnt say I would be shocked if the Seahawks won Sunday because I have much respect for Wilson and what he can do but the Rams laid the biggest egg in the entire season against the Jets and they will come out motivated. Unfortunately the Seahawks are the next team up. Donald looked pissed too walking off the field and he already tortures Wilson when he is happy. I dont want to think what will happen to a pissed off Donald. Im curious to see how Metcalf do against Ramsey the second time around. He has to have a better game this time around. He could get 2 catches for 28yds in the 1st quarter alone. Vegas has the Seahawks favored and most people will be picking the Seahawks just based on the Rams losing to the Jets last week. I think the Rams will show up and it will be a good competitive game. If the Seahawks win they clinch the division. If the Rams win they get one step closer because they will still either need to beat the Cards Week 17 OR the Seahawks lose to the Niners. The Seahawks arent losing to the Niners so the Rams will have to beat the Cards if they beat the Seahawks to get win the division. Good luck and may the best team on Sunday win. 

Edited by stl4life07

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

Defense looks like it's starting to come together and play better than they were earlier in the season. Offense still looks off.

Defense looks great. Benson Mayowa with a 33.3% pressure rate today. 2nd best of anyone in the NFL this year. 

Still slightly concerned with the leaky zone defense. Play a better QB than Goff and that gets exposed. 

Russ really needs to step up. I have zero faith in a deep playoff run with the way he’s playing. 

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Defense looks great. Benson Mayowa with a 33.3% pressure rate today. 2nd best of anyone in the NFL this year. 

Still slightly concerned with the leaky zone defense. Play a better QB than Goff and that gets exposed. 

Russ really needs to step up. I have zero faith in a deep playoff run with the way he’s playing. 

Agreed. Guy is one of the best QB's in the league, but he sure isn't playing like it lately.  As you said, they will really need him if they want to make a postseason run.

18 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Yeah. Some of it maybe by design. Seattle seems to be more interested in burning clock, cutting the # of total possessions, and avoiding TO's. So much of their passing attack is shallow and underneath stuff. Since the 2nd half of the Rams game, Seattle has been physically in control of every game. The scores just arent reflecting how much Seattle is controlling and dictating things. Giants game was a lone outlier, but honestly, that game was decided on about 8 plays on back to back drives when the Giants switched up to a heavy look and caught Seattle with its pants down. 

Pete just seems more comfortable keeping things close to the vest, and controlling the gameflow as much as possible.

I think the issue is consistency in the running game, and 3rd down passing. If they can figure that out, they should be fine. Unless (like you said) teams start to find leaks in Seattles zone again. 

Edited by animaltested

Let me add, earlier in the Season when Russ was cooking, teams were consistently going for it on 4th and short in their own territory, earlier in the game. Since Seattle's offense scaled back, teams are punting in those situations pretty much every time. Im guessing Pete prefers this.

Edited by animaltested