2018 Head Coaching Candidates

G08

4 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

Better leader of men than leader of playcalling? I could see it. There’s a reason he’s stuck around Seattle for so long.

On a serious note, it’ll always go to the coordinators of successful offenses and defenses. Personally I’d like to see McDaniels get a second shot. Teryl Austin. Maybe too early for Keith Butler.

Gary Patterson from TCU was an intriguing mention. Dabo would never leave. Harbaugh will stick around Michigan for a while. Hell since there’s such a youth movement in the NFL, why not Frost from UCF? James Franklin has done a hell of a job at PSU.

No way Frost would leave UCF or the P5 school he will end up at to go to the NFL.  Tom Herman has a better shot at leaving Texas.  Not sure why people think Dabo wouldn't leave for the NFL.  If the situation is right then I can see him go.  That's why I'm hoping the Texans fire overrated O'Brien and hire him.  It makes too much sense. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

No way Frost would leave UCF or the P5 school he will end up at to go to the NFL.  Tom Herman has a better shot at leaving Texas.  Not sure why people think Dabo wouldn't leave for the NFL.  If the situation is right then I can see him go.  That's why I'm hoping the Texans fire overrated O'Brien and hire him.  It makes too much sense. 

Seems like the all too loyal, homebreed homestead kind of guy. Plus he’s at the peak of his and Clemson’s success. Maintaining an annual powerhouse is enough of a challenge. If he were to leave, I think it’d be years from now. Or maybe if he starts to slip back from annual championship contender, to annual “good-but-nowhere-near-good-enough”. 

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Don't all coaches want to..you know..win?

You play to win the game.

Pat Shurmur...your next head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.  While Ballard and Shurmur have never crossed paths, they do have 1 person in common...Andy Reid.  

8 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Frost couldn't make it as a player in the NFL, why would he coach there?  :D 

None of the names you have mentioned make any sense, considering none of them have any experience coaching at the NFL level.   The only college coach that makes any sense going to the NFL is David Shaw.  

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

If Harbaugh comes back to the NFL I don't think it will be with the Colts.

That job is destined for either Dave Toub or Matt Nagy.

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

If Harbaugh comes back to the NFL I don't think it will be with the Colts.

That job is destined for either Dave Toub or Matt Nagy.

As long as Luck is in Indy, Harbaugh is a match.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:54 PM, jrry32 said:

You think so? I'd expect him to have to have another run at OC first. But I've always liked the guy.

He had an interview for HC last offseason. Personally I don't see him as a HC yet, but I live in the Philly media market and there is a lot of talk of him being a hot commodity this offseason with the Eagles even potentially dumping their current OC and promoting DeFilippo to try and keep him. There's no denying what he did with Wentz is impressive. 

Just now, minutemancl said:

He had an interview for HC last offseason. Personally I don't see him as a HC yet, but I live in the Philly media market and there is a lot of talk of him being a hot commodity this offseason with the Eagles even potentially dumping their current OC and promoting DeFilippo to try and keep him. There's no denying what he did with Wentz is impressive. 

You're preaching to the choir. I've always been a big fan of his since his year as OC in Cleveland. But HC is a really huge step up.

7 hours ago, One Punch Man said:

Better leader of men than leader of playcalling? I could see it. There’s a reason he’s stuck around Seattle for so long.

On a serious note, it’ll always go to the coordinators of successful offenses and defenses. Personally I’d like to see McDaniels get a second shot. Teryl Austin. Maybe too early for Keith Butler.

Gary Patterson from TCU was an intriguing mention. Dabo would never leave. Harbaugh will stick around Michigan for a while. Hell since there’s such a youth movement in the NFL, why not Frost from UCF? James Franklin has done a hell of a job at PSU.

Dabo has no business in the NFL. Same with Frost and James Franklin.

It might sound crazy but I would bring in Jim Leonhard for an interview. 

New list:

1. Jon Gruden

2. Nick Saban

3. Jim Harbaugh

4. Urban Meyer

5. Kirby Smart

6. Dabo Swinney

7. Josh McDaniels

8. Matt Patricia

9. Jim Leonhard Wisconsin DC

10. Mike Vrabel

2 hours ago, Scout said:

It might sound crazy but I would bring in Jim Leonhard for an interview. 

New list:

1. Jon Gruden

2. Nick Saban

3. Jim Harbaugh

4. Urban Meyer

5. Kirby Smart

6. Dabo Swinney

7. Josh McDaniels

8. Matt Patricia

9. Jim Leonhard Wisconsin DC

10. Mike Vrabel

Being that 1-6 ^ are likely a pipe dream: