Updated Mock

LoganF89

Resign

scherrf 5 years 75 mill- yes he has injury concerns but he’s our best o lineman and is a key to our o lines success

darby 3 years 25 mill- he’s been solid for us and he only made 3 mill this year, he’s due for a nice increase to 8.3 mill per season on the new deal

Roullier  4 years 30 mill- he’s a solid center, no need to replace unless he asks for more than we should pay

KPL 1 year 3 mill- he’s a solid depth linebacker right now and you can see that he ol brings energy

R. Foster 1 year 1 mill- gotta see what he has, if he can get back to form then we can determine if he’s a long term piece.

Trade Dwayne to the colts for a 4th round pick

Free Agency

Corey Davis WR 25 y/o he’s finally putting it all together he comes in as a solid number 2 to Terry. 4 years 52 mill I believe he comes in cheaper then the big names like juju, Robinson, Golladay, and Godwin. 13 mill average 

Gerald Everette TE 26 y/o him and Thomas can do damage as a two TE set. Everette has been someone I have been high in for a while this off season. Even with the emergence of Thomas 4 years 20 mill

John Miller OG 27 y/o he signed a 1 year 4 million dollar deal with the panthers last year and played very well, I think he would be a guy to come in and start for a couple seasons why we see what we have with Charles and his move to LG, Miller seems to be a good stop gap compared to Schweitzer 1 year 6 mill 

Draft

1. Christian Darrisaw VT LT- he’s been rising up the boards and LT is arguably our biggest need. The top QBs, WRs, and TEs will be gone by this point. Darrisaw will solidify our OL

2. Trevon Moehrig FS TCU- while there isn’t really the most sure fire safety prospects in the first round, Moehrig does fit the narrative as one of the top safety’s in this draft. I believe he can be the future over the likes of Apke and Everett

3. Jabril Cox ILB LSU- he has 1st round talent but I think he can come in and battle with the likes of Holcomb, Boston, and kpl. I have him playing in the middle and potentially being our starter

3. Javonte Williams RB UNC- one of my favorite players in this draft, 5-10 220. He’s a baller! And I believe he will take the spot of Peyton Barber on the team!

4. Kellen Mond- QB Tx A&M- while some of you don’t like him as a prospect I do, and I think if he slides to the 4th we should jump on him. He can sit behind Smith and Allen next year and learn the system. A lot of you say that you have to get a QB in the first and that just isn’t true, he’s got potential and reminds me a lot of Prescott without the price tag

4. Dazz Newsome WR UNC- plain and simple he just gets open! Has the ability to go vertical, play slot, or catch a bubble screen, he’s got all the tools, I think he can take over for Steven Sims at some point, especially if Sims continues to struggle

5. Deommodore Lenoire CB Oregon- with Moreau walking we will need some depth at CB, he’s got good size for the position and can be a big part of our secondary

7.Alli Gaye Edge LSU- with kerrigan departing we will need depth at the DE, even though he’s a 7th rounder I believe him and James smith Williams can be productive as backups

7. Jose Borregales K Miami- usually I would never draft a kicker but I think the kid is the real deal! I’m tire of Hopkins missing a kick a game

DEPTH

qb Smith/Allen/Mond

rb Gibson/Williams/McKissic/Love

wr McLaurin/Davis/S.Sims/Harmon/AGG/Dazz

te Thomas/Everette/Moss

lt Darrisaw/Christian

lg Miller/Charles

c Roullier/Ismael

rg Scherrf/Schweitzer

rt Moses/Lucas

de Young/Smith-Williams

dt Allen/Ioannidis 

dt Payne/Settle/Brantley

de Sweat/Gaye 

wlb Collins/SDH/Hudsun

mlb Bostic/Cox

slb Holcomb/Foster

cb Darby/Lenoir

cb Fuller/Moreland/Johnson

fs Moehrig/Everette/Apke

ss Curl/Reeves

k Borregales

p Way

Went into this making our Oline much stronger and getting more weapons on offense that we lack. The top QBs were gone in the draft and the only FA QB I would want would be Dak. I think Mond has potential, you don’t have to be a 1st rounder to be successful

on defense I took a LB in the 3rd that could wind up being our starter. I also moved Collins to WLB, the only position on defense I’m worried about is the depth at SS

in the end I believe this is a much better team! And with even average QB play this is a playoff team

Edited by LoganF89
mistake
  • Like 3

i edited it thanks for catching that fellas

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I like him also but doubt very much he will last until the 4th rd. 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Right. 2) 3 round picks  Ours and SF’s for Trent Williams. 

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

One quibble. Don't we have 2 x 3rds and not 2x 4ths this coming draft?

13 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

i edited it thanks for catching that fellas

No worries. Just think it might help you in your mock if you're looking a round earlier for a prospect.

Oh and BTW - THANK YOU for doing this (thanks to everyone who does). I know this takes a lot of time and effort and I appreciate it!

• Like 2

I like it. Just a couple of my thoughts, take them for what they’re worth (probably about two pennies, give or take). 

I’d be on board with Corey Davis if the tip top WRs get franchised or the price tags get out of control. He’s been really good this year (has actually outgained his younger, more ballyhooed teammate) and he’s an excellent downfield blocker from what I’ve seen. Might be a good bargain compared to guys like JuJu and Robinson and Golladay. 

I’m less thrilled with the other two FAs, personally. I like Everett a good bit, but to me he kinda duplicates what you get from Thomas. I would love a TE2 who is a bit more of a blocker. And with Miller, I’m not sure I’d pay much for a guy who is probably pretty interchangeable with Schweitzer (who I think has been pretty decent). I’m down to add a LG, but I think I’d want it to be more of an upgrade if we’re putting resources into the position. At those prices for both of those guys, though, I wouldn’t quibble too much. 

I like the draft. At the moment, I actually think Darrisaw is probably our most likely pick. He’s a good athlete, looks very good in space, probably the highest upside behind Sewell. I haven’t watched nearly enough Trevon Moehrig, but I love the profile as a ball-hawking free safety with good size. We need that. I like both of the UNC kids, but I’m not sure I want to use yet another day 2 pick at RB. Newsome would be a nice fit. I’ve said my piece many times about QBs outside the mid 1st, so I personally probably wouldn’t bother with Mond — but in this instance, it basically amounts to trading the lost potential of Haskins for the potential of Mond, so it kinda makes sense. 

I think it’s a good offseason. I’d be quite pleased with it for the most part.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I like what you did here but I just don’t see anyone giving us a fourth for Haskins. I think you take a conditional 6th, trade him for a bust like Parris Campbell or N’Keal Harry or he gets released. 

Parris Campbell would be a tremendous get for a guy we don’t want.

• Like 5

thanks fellas i agree that I think this is probably one of the best ones that I have done. I tend to agree about the haskins trade not getting a fourth but i went on the high side for that, but thanks all for the appreciation. ill have another one in the offseason im sure. thanks guys

• Like 1