The all-encompassing From Software thread (now with 500% more Elden Ring)

Apparition

On 3/2/2021 at 1:41 AM, Starless said:

Well, we finally got a leak of an Elden Ring gameplay trailer...

...but also word that it probably won't be out in 2021.

I hate it here.

Am I the only one who thinks those leaked trailers look like garbage? It looks like a slightly reskinned DS3. Sekiro looked much better than those trailers looked, even accounting for cell-phone-cam-footage vignette.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Am I the only one who thinks those leaked trailers look like garbage? It looks like a slightly reskinned DS3. Sekiro looked much better than those trailers looked, even accounting for cell-phone-cam-footage vignette.

According to multiple sources they're from an early build of the game, which was made with last-gen texturing. 

• Like 1

I am at Isshin on Sekiro (I got to him a while ago). I want to go back and try to beat him but I know that isn't gonna happen anytime soon haha. A couple months ago I finally went back and got the plat on Bloodborne and beat Soul of Cinder. I can not wait for Elden Ring. Will definitely be getting Demon Souls whenever I decide to get a PS5 as well. 

On 12/27/2020 at 10:44 AM, TheChad said:

There's a hole in my life that nothing else can fill.

2009 - Demon's Souls

2010 - Demon's Souls again once I actually figured out how to play it properly

2011 - Dark Souls

2012-2013 - Getting good

2014 - Dark Souls 2

2015 - Bloodborne

2016 - Dark Souls 3

2017 - A dark year. Had to get by with Nioh

2018 - Dark Souls Remastered

2019 - Sekiro

2020 - If it was easy to get a PS5, I'd have Demon's Souls Remasted (and maybe Bloodborne would play with tolerable load times), but sadly, no.

I need Elden Ring.

Check on target early tomorrow (6am-8am est). Good chance they are dropping

I managed to get a PS5 and Demon's Souls at the beginning of the week, and take the week off work to play it.

Still a great game, and a good port. Runs great (on performance mode) and looks and sounds fantastic. It's a bit frustrating at times, particularly early on, but then you start improving your character/weapons a bit, and you get good, and you get into the zone and can't get enough.

It doesn't have the weapon and armor variety of the Dark Souls games (it can take a long time to find alternatives to your starting gear), and it's always felt rushed at the end to me (it starts off looking like a massive game, and then a bunch of the later levels turn into just boss fights), but it's a Souls game and it's great.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...