Week 16 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just two more weeks of this garbage team and then it will finally end! CJB will be starting as Mullens is having surgery on his elbow...But he probably would have started regardless. And guess what? It's not going to make ANY difference at all.

Interested in seeing if Verrett will play or not. If Ward can't go, I'd like to see Sherman start opposite Moore and then start Spoon at corner. Let's see Sherman at safety for the entire game and see how he looks back there. 

Then the following week I hope Rosen gets the start against Seattle. Nothing to play more now so might as well.

AZ 30 SF 17

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wish we picked him up last week so he could play this week but I don't even know if he will be able to suit up since we play on Saturday. 

I believe he will be in uniform. The only way we could dress a backup was to sign someone that was already in the league COVID protocol. I think we’ll keep him after this year and I’m kind of excited to see him in the preseason next year with all offseason to get his hands on the playbook.

Not specifically about the game itself, but man, I miss the old days when the Cardinal's forum was more active.  Their most recent post was from week 10.  Had a lot of great people in there and enjoyed their perspective on the games when we played each other.  Plus, I live within 5 minutes of freeway to the stadium here in Phoenix.  Kind of wild, really.  Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the US, but almost no forum participants, and their team is starting to ramp up with good quarterback play, finally.   We have internet here, I swear!  I have gigablast from Cox!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ataal said:

Not specifically about the game itself, but man, I miss the old days when the Cardinal's forum was more active.  Their most recent post was from week 10.  Had a lot of great people in there and enjoyed their perspective on the games when we played each other.  Plus, I live within 5 minutes of freeway to the stadium here in Phoenix.  Kind of wild, really.  Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the US, but almost no forum participants, and their team is starting to ramp up with good quarterback play, finally.   We have internet here, I swear!  I have gigablast from Cox!

Their mod @stchamp98 got baited by a troll and then was banned and it became a mass exodus, I'm actually down to have our day thread be double posted in their forum to breath some life into it 

“Playing the way I was last year — no excuses — but there was a hole in my quad and (a sprained) big toe on my right foot. All on the same leg,” he said. “You could imagine, it was tough to explode and be fast and be quick. So just having that feeling of being healthy — you can’t explain the feeling of having all your guns loaded.”

https://theathletic.com/2282126/2020/12/23/49ers-ahkello-witherspoon/?source=emp_shared_article

His biggest issue is still his lack of confidence after he gives up a big play but this could explain some of his struggles last season. He would routinely get beat on crossing routes and looked a step slow reacting. Sherman has a calf injury he's dealing with so I think Spoon will start once again opposite Verrett. 

13 hours ago, dan77733 said:

So Kittle is going to play? Brilliant move Shanahan. Play a guy coming off an injury in a meaningless game. Wow. Just wow. SMH.

If he's healthy and able to play you kind of just have to do it. Kittle wants to play, others who are banged up have to play. As a fan, I dislike it but completely understand it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:

If he's healthy and able to play you kind of just have to do it. Kittle wants to play, others who are banged up have to play. As a fan, I dislike it but completely understand it

Shanahan shouldn't let him play. Two games left. What's even the point? Why take the risk of him getting re-injured? Is Reed playing? If so, I would just start Reed see what else he can do in the last two games since he appears to be a solid #2 TE behind Kittle. Either way, I wouldn't play him at all as I simply wouldn't take the risk especially when there's nothing to gain.