Week 16 GDT - Arizona Cardinals vs San Francisco 49ers

Just now, dan77733 said:

I know he's healthy but I still wouldn't play him. I just don't see the benefit of doing so especially considering all the injuries the team has had this season. That's all.

Good luck being the coach with that reputation

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

He had a broken bone. Thats either healed or not. No hightened risk of injury. How do you sit a healthy guy and not upset the rest of your dressing room. Why does he get to sit while a guy like Trent Williams or Fred Warner is out there with the same risk of getting injured.

From a fan perspective i 100% can get it but when you are the guy that actually has to deal with it you just can't do it.

If it was me, my top players would be deactivated. I simply wouldn't take any chances when there's nothing to gain. Plus, winning just makes our draft picks lower. In my eyes, when a season is done, time to play the young guys, see what they got, bench the top tier players and get ready for the following season. But to each their own. :)

5 minutes ago, dan77733 said:

If it was me, my top players would be deactivated. I simply wouldn't take any chances when there's nothing to gain. Plus, winning just makes our draft picks lower. In my eyes, when a season is done, time to play the young guys, see what they got, bench the top tier players and get ready for the following season. But to each their own. :)

Teams don't really tank. That's a fan thing. 

Secondarily, deactivating guys needlessly potentially messes with players' cash so that's not really going to fly

Just now, dan77733 said:

But where do you draw that line? Secondly you cant just deactivate guys that are healthy besides the ones that you don't dress which in most cases for us this year are guys that are too injured to play. On paper without emotions and other human interactions your plan sounds great and i am all for giving some of the younger guys some more minutes to see what they can bring. But you have limited spots and guys like Kittle want to play 100% especially when they aren't at a hightened risk of getting injured.

• Like 1
Just now, Forge said:

Teams don't tank. That's a fan thing. 

Secondarily, deactivating guys needlessly potentially messes with players' cash so that's not really going to fly

Teams should tank if it's beneficial in the long term. If you need a franchise QB and you know you can have one, why wouldn't you? Especially if you're eliminated from playoff contention.

Deactivating players and thus, screwing them over money wise is one thing I didn't think of.

Just now, dan77733 said:

Teams should tank if it's beneficial in the long term. If you need a franchise QB and you know you can have one, why wouldn't you? Especially if you're eliminated from playoff contention.

Oh they should. I'm not disagreeing with that. But they really don't. We've seen it time and time again, including this year with the jets

Just now, Forge said:

Oh they should. I'm not disagreeing with that. But they really don't. We've seen it time and time again, including this year with the jets

True. It's just disappointing sometimes, that's all. Every time there's a franchise QB in the draft that looks like he's going to be awesome, we can never get him.