Todd Bowles expected to get HC interviews

bucsfan333

Not gonna lie, I like Bowles and think he did a great job with initially coming in here and making the young guys buy into the system and produce. Since the middle of the season though, it's become evident to me that he (and pretty much this entire coaching staff) is complacent with the week in/out strategy and will not change his strategy going into a game, no matter who the opponent is. That doesn't spell success long-term...

I'd be okay if he moved on for a HC gig. I think this defense has so much talent and versatile pieces, that another DC could come in here and find success. I really think Bowles is mutualizing the secondary.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

Yeah if that's true then his system needs to go lol... Nobody has shut down corners these days. 

I mean im just spit balling here but thats the only thing that makes sense

He didn't need to do so much for his corners in the past because he already had half the field shut down by Peterson/Revis 

But now it's a problem because we can't trust any of our corners but Davis sometimes

I'm assuming he tries to compensate by having these guys play off the ball by 10 yards but that doesn't work in this league 

If we had 1 good reliable corner we'd be shutting down the run and killing it in the pass too but 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I mean im just spit balling here but thats the only thing that makes sense

He didn't need to do so much for his corners in the past because he already had half the field shut down by Peterson/Revis 

But now it's a problem because we can't trust any of our corners but Davis sometimes

I'm assuming he tries to compensate by having these guys play off the ball by 10 yards but that doesn't work in this league 

If we had 1 good reliable corner we'd be shutting down the run and killing it in the pass too but 🤷‍♂️ 

Ehhh  definitely spit balling bro...  Revis was on the Jets in 2015 and that's after his stint at New England the other corner was Cromartie.  He was passed his prime so no he wasn't shutting down anything but what he was is technically sound same with Cromartie for the most part they were veterans that knew what to do in his scheme.   PP was definitely that key piece though in AZ. 

One thing you are right on is Bowles puts more emphasis in having better DB play compared to pass rushers/D line.   Its kinda like what Bill Belichick and some other coaches do.  As you notice the Patriots haven't really had a dominate pass rusher in a while but hey have had secondary pieces like Stephon Gilmore, Revis, etc..   The Pass rushers they have had were let go in FA like Chandler Jones and Trey Flowers.

Edited by sryan66611

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Black Monday and I have read pretty much no buzz on Bowles being a "hot" HC candidate from any of the major insiders.  I am not surprised.

tenor.gif

Yeah same. The way the NFL is set up now (this has been the highest scoring year in history) everyone wants a brilliant offensive mind. I think the pandemic played a part in the season being such a high scoring year. Shortened seasons always advantageous towards offense (see; Jerry Rice receiving record that was eventually broken by Moss)