Who are the top 10 QB’s?

bigbadbuff

I’m interested in hearing people’s lists.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Watson

I think those are the only 4 that would be unanimous at the moment. Lamar has regressed, but is that enough to say he’s not top 10 after his season last year? Josh Allen has had an amazing season that no one saw coming, is he worthy of being called a top 10 QB going forward, is everyone all in on him now? How about Tannehill? Then there’s really a bunch of JAG’s and young qbs like Tua, Herbert, Burrow, and how about Dak after his catestrophic injury? 

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Any lists written at this point in the season are going to be warped by recency bias (of course, all lists are to a point). The best time to consider this is the offseason when opinions about what just happened have cooled off and it's a little easier to look at the big picture.

Agreed. I was gonna do a 32 QB Tournament that starts right before the Super Bowl, to determine FF’s 32 QB Ranking list. 

Also way too early for Murray being in the Top 10 imo. 

I also think Brady has shown more than enough and proven he is without a doubt still a Top 10 QB. 

Matt Ryan also 100% is a Top 10 QB. 

Also way too early for Allen being #5, just like it was too early putting Lamar at #5 before this season. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers 

3. Wilson

4. Watson

5. Allen

6. Mayfield 

7. Jackson

8. Murray

9. Brady

10. Herbert

Ok my list wasn't serious but I can't see any justification whatsoever for putting any of these guys over Tannehill.

Brady isn't better than Tannehill right now, either, but I guess you could use a "he's been playing at a high level for a long time" argument. That doesn't fly for the others, whose sample size of being in the discussion are about as small, except have been worse than Tannehill.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ok my list wasn't serious but I can't see any justification whatsoever for putting any of these guys over Tannehill.

Brady isn't better than Tannehill right now, either, but I guess you could use an all-time argument. That doesn't fly for the others.

Tannehill doesn throw as a good a ball as Mayfield, murray or herbert.

2 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Any lists written at this point in the season are going to be warped by recency bias (of course, all lists are to a point). The best time to consider this is the offseason when opinions about what just happened have cooled off and it's a little easier to look at the big picture.

That's not true. You could create a list called "The Absolutely No Recency Bias Whatsoever" list. That's how you make sure you keep that all out.

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

Gap

3. Wilson

4. Watson

5. Allen

6. Brady

7. Tannehill

8. Ljax

9. Kyler Murray

10. Brees

HM: Stafford - he deserves to be on this list but he has to get out of Detroit first. 

What a rise for Allen and Tannehill, ESP Tanehill. I need to see more out of the rookies still (Herbert, Burrow, Hurts & Tua). Also, Mayfield is getting close to top 10 status as well if he keeps improving. But I need to see more.