? Week Six: Bucs (2-2) @ Cardinals (2-3)

bucsfan333

50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Btw, its time for Hargreaves to show something.  If not they have to rotate Smith.  I know he wasnt good against Minny, bur Hargreaves has to get the message the 8 yard cushion has to stop now.  If he was even average, I really believe this would an upper third defense.

I agree. On both parts.

Our run d is almost as good as the Schiano days. If we could at least slow down passing offenses, we'd be alright. And probably undefeated.

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Offense wasnt great, but 4th quarter inside the 20, I think around 8 minutes left down 16-7.  First down, Brate has football hit him in the stomach in the end zone, drop.  Gets to 3rd and goal from the 3, Jameis runs into the end zone, but Smith illegal hands to the face negates TD run.  Replay 3rd down from the 13, incomplete pass to Evans.  Folk shanks the 34 yard FG, which is basically ball game ending his career.

The dual starter is garbage.  Pamphile is a much better paas protector, which I ll take trying to keep healthy my QB.

Completely agree. And Monken's response to the question is super weak. Really starting to question the coaching decisions here from playcalling to personnel. 

We can win this game but it's going to come down to playcalling and Jameis being able to accurately pass the ball. I see these young QBs around the league playing great football and tossing beautiful deep passes, but Jameis has missed DJax at least once each game on a wide open deep pass. We'll see if this gets better but if it doesn't it's concerning to say the least.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Damn.

Not a surprise considering the dislocation.  For whatever reason Spence shoulder lacks stability.  If the labrum didn't tear this time, it would be a positive.   This is one of the reasons,  I would like to see all 3 LBs on the field in nickel.   Manufacture pass rush by scheme with the 3 LBS blitzing in different combos, hopefully can confuse the QB and whichever LB isn't blitzing can drop into coverage.  Play to the strength of your defense.  Certainly saw Carolina send a bunch of different blitz packages last night.  Time to think outside the box and rely just on 4 dlinemen.

Looks like Evans is gonna get his second start at safety. Hopefully Ward can play and split reps. Then we can slowly phase out Conte like we did with Tandy.

Hopefully we'll be seeing a safety duo of Evans/Ward before too long. Then we could have more established roles; Ward at SS, near the LOS and Evans at FS, playing centerfield.

Archived