Cam Newton and Donovan McNabb

One

6 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Dak has also had a pretty good supporting cast of receivers.. McNabb never had a good receiving core. 

Funny, because PFF just rated them bad. Mainly because they have led the NFL in drops 2 years in a row. 3 years ago we were rated to have the worst WR core in the entire NFL. 

I dont think they are bad, obviously, but it is interesting.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Funny, because PFF just rated them bad. Mainly because they have led the NFL in drops 2 years in a row. 3 years ago we were rated to have the worst WR core in the entire NFL. 

I dont think they are bad, obviously, but it is interesting.

Gallup Coop and CeeDee is definitely not bad.. probably the best core in the league 

6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Gallup Coop and CeeDee is definitely not bad.. probably the best core in the league 

Its to bad for 2 years now they have struggled to do the #1 thing a WR must do. Catch the ball. They are super talented. No doubt. Make spectacular plays. But until they stop dropping the ball, no way are they #1. Top 10 I would agree with though.

As for this thread: Dak has had Gallup, Coop and Ceedee for exactly 5 games.

Edited by Matts4313

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with Matts.  I've always thought McNabb was a much better passer than Newton.

Not sure what McNabb ya’ll were watching then. McNabb threw into the dirt as much as Cam threw high. When it comes to consistency accuracy-wise, there is a negligible difference between the two. Certainly nowhere close to the point where McNabb is much better.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Not sure what McNabb ya’ll were watching then. McNabb threw into the dirt as much as Cam threw high. When it comes to consistency accuracy-wise, there is a negligible difference between the two. Certainly nowhere close to the point where McNabb is much better.

I know McNabb was quite the worm-burner when he got to Minnesota, but I figured that was mainly toward the end of his career.  I just remember him throwing a lot of beautiful passes too.  Cam was a better overall quarterback though.  McNabb never even flirted with being an MVP that I know of.