Jump to content

Cam Newton and Donovan McNabb


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Dak has also had a pretty good supporting cast of receivers.. McNabb never had a good receiving core. 

Funny, because PFF just rated them bad. Mainly because they have led the NFL in drops 2 years in a row. 3 years ago we were rated to have the worst WR core in the entire NFL. 

I dont think they are bad, obviously, but it is interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Funny, because PFF just rated them bad. Mainly because they have led the NFL in drops 2 years in a row. 3 years ago we were rated to have the worst WR core in the entire NFL. 

I dont think they are bad, obviously, but it is interesting.

Gallup Coop and CeeDee is definitely not bad.. probably the best core in the league 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Gallup Coop and CeeDee is definitely not bad.. probably the best core in the league 

Its to bad for 2 years now they have struggled to do the #1 thing a WR must do. Catch the ball. They are super talented. No doubt. Make spectacular plays. But until they stop dropping the ball, no way are they #1. Top 10 I would agree with though.

 

As for this thread: Dak has had Gallup, Coop and Ceedee for exactly 5 games.

Edited by Matts4313
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I agree with Matts.  I've always thought McNabb was a much better passer than Newton.

Not sure what McNabb ya’ll were watching then. McNabb threw into the dirt as much as Cam threw high. When it comes to consistency accuracy-wise, there is a negligible difference between the two. Certainly nowhere close to the point where McNabb is much better.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Accuracy difference between the two isn't really noticeable. They were both poor.

 

Give me Newton if we're starting over. He had poor supporting cast as well but was the better raw talent and leader. Most of his issues were made up by the media.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Not sure what McNabb ya’ll were watching then. McNabb threw into the dirt as much as Cam threw high. When it comes to consistency accuracy-wise, there is a negligible difference between the two. Certainly nowhere close to the point where McNabb is much better.

I know McNabb was quite the worm-burner when he got to Minnesota, but I figured that was mainly toward the end of his career.  I just remember him throwing a lot of beautiful passes too.  Cam was a better overall quarterback though.  McNabb never even flirted with being an MVP that I know of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, biggie. said:

Yeah, wasn't the main complaint from Philly fans was how inconsistent he was and his passes lacked touch?

People were CONSTANTLY saying he was throwing balls into the dirt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...