Thoughts on NFL adapting NBA style draft lottery?

SotanKing

No. The NBA is worse than the NFL with regard to tanking. I don't want a lottery.

3 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I didn't say it will totally eliminates tanking...but it definitely is better than current system where fans end up rooting for their team to lose every game when their team is out of playoff contention

No, it's not. Fans still root for their team to lose to maximize lottery chances.

3 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I didn't say it will totally eliminates tanking...but it definitely is better than current system where fans end up rooting for their team to lose every game when their team is out of playoff contention

They do this in the NBA too, an extreme amount. And then teams start treating their players like "assets" and compounding them into first round picks because it means more lottery balls. Also do you trust Roger Goodell? I don't.

• Like 1

I don’t think the balls will be rigged but given what’s transpired in the last year and with quantum AI who knows what backdoors a lottery would open. It’s probably fine the way it is. Jets aren’t a 1 win team on paper. They made some poor decisions in the off season and their two best defensive players didn’t start the season. Having a Lawrence and a decent head coach probably puts them right back at 6-7 wins next year. It’s unfortunate it turned out this way with the Jags absolutely mailing in the season. Definitely think Marrone and Khan put in for a strategic tank while Gase was super ticked off after the Raider game.

A lottery in the NFL would be applicable only in round 1. Then it would revert. You can also limit it to the bottom 5 or 10 and then place by worst record, although that can encourage middling teams to tank. Too many variables here.

I love having a lottery. 

Nothing better than watching 10 to 15 teams trying to tank . Ya it must of been great to be a fan of the Sixers. Hey buddie did you our team last night they lost by 50, what a season! Give me a break!!!!

The NBA is a joke. We won,  we shot 100 threes. How exciting