How Are Those Rookies Doing?

notthatbluestuff

Top two rookies for Jags has been Shenault and James Robinson. They are both studs.

Davon Hamilton has flashed.

CJ Henderson has been up and down.

Chaisson hasn’t done much but I wasn’t expecting much from him. He is very raw.

Daniel Thomas blocked and returned a punt for a TD last week. 

I loved reading about college athletes predraft. Reading up on the prospects is a fun way to spend the offseason. It would be fun to observe how the rookies are doing so far in the season.

Vikings- Jefferson- He didn't gain Cousins' trust until the third game, but he is a baller. He seems like he catches everything thrown his way. A bigger Stephon Diggs, but not as competitive feisty.

Gladney-He is fast and seems to have good run instincts. Dantzler (a later round pick) starts over him. The lack of preseason hurt him and is probably more of a development prospect.

Cleveland- Didn't start til recently. He is better than our other interior line prospects, but seems to be overpowered a bit. 

Dantzler-I think Zimmer said he was the best cover corner in practice. He makes some mental mistakes. 

Lynch- He looks like a baller. He should be getting more reps now. Might get overpowered in the run game.

2/37 S Kyle Dugger has been up and down. Looks alright in coverage but struggles a bit in space

2/60 LB Josh Uche hasn't played yet

3/87 LB Anfrenee Jennings looked good in limited duty early on but has definitely played more like a rookie with an expanded role. Promising overall

3/91 TE Devin Asiasi non-factor. 0 catches so far, despite playing in 5 of 6 games.

3/101 TE Dalton Keene appeared in his first game v. SF, had 1 catch for 8 yards.

5/159 PK Justin Rohrwasser 3% chance he ever makes the active roster.

6/182 OL Michael Onwenu S T U D. Already one of the top guards in the NFL, if we're to believe PFF. Moves a lot better than you'd expect from a guy who's 6'3", 350 lbs, and just straight up mauls guys at the POA. Remains to be seen where he permanently settles along the line, but I expect him to be a 10-year starter.

6/195 OL Justin Herron looked decent in spot duty. Upside is probably a 6th lineman/swing tackle.

6/204 LB Cassh Maluia mostly played special teams.

7/230 C Dustin Woodard retired before ever setting foot on the field.

If you would've told me CEH would be trailing just Derrick Henry in rushing yards I would've called you crazy. I'm positive he wouldn't be this effective on a crappy team, but thats fine, thats how greatness works most of the time. I'm just saying get hop on the CEH bandwagon before it's too late. As Mahomes pointed out, the better the competition the better this dude performs. He's on his way to the HOF.

Glad to see Onwenu is a beast. I scooped him up for a 7th rd pick in that mock draft thing. Also got Trevon Diggs, Yetur Gross Matos, Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss in KC.

Edited by Kirill

book may not be closed on isaiah wilson just yet but right now he's looking like one of the quickest draft busts in recent memory

kristian fulton was up and down and is now injured

darrynton evans has been injured most of the year and has like 2 or 3 carries total

larrell murchison has been a mostly invisible part of a pretty bad interior defensive line rotation behind our two good starters

cole mcdonald was cut

chris jackson has played way more than you would hope any 7th round CB would have to and has held his own admirably in some instances while looking exactly like a 7th round rookie in others

overall....pretty, pretty bad so far

Cam Akers - Had a rib injury, so he hasn't played much. Has flashed when he has played. Has good burst and great contact balance. I think he'll end up being a good one for us. Don't know when his role will expand this year.

Van Jefferson - He's going to be effective, but right now, he's still catching up mentally. Great route runner. Sure hands. Will play well in McVay's system.

Terrell Lewis - Missed some time with injuries, but he has shown well when on the field. The book on him has always been injuries, so we'll see if he can ever stay healthy enough to be a real contributor. If he can, he'll be a good EDGE.

Terrell Burgess - Looked hesitant early on. Finally looked phenomenal against the Bears and then broke his ankle. So he's out for the year.

Brycen Hopkins - Hasn't played a snap that I can recall

Jordan Fuller - Might go down as one of the steals of the draft, and I wasn't happy with this pick lol. Really great fit in this scheme. Very smart player who is where he's supposed to be and plays sound, reliable football. Took Rapp's job, and Rapp is no slouch. But he's on IR with an injury until the Seattle game.

Clay Johnston - Cut

Sam Sloman - Stunk and then cut

Tremayne Anchrum - Coaches have talked him up some, but he hasn't played at all (which isn't surprising, as our OL is deep and good).

All in all, the draft class looks like it'll be another good one. 

It's halfway now. Here is an update. Not a bad pick in the lot and a great UDFA fin in Wharton.

Chiefs

1.32 RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire Louisiana State - Pro-Bowl worthy. Top five in rushing (#3) and yards from scrimmage (#4)

2.31 LB Willie Gay Jr Mississippi State from 49ers - Getting more PT and has a start. 

3.32 OL Lucas Niang Texas Christian  - Redshirt

4.32 CB L'Jarius Sneed Louisiana Tech  - Was starting, but now on IR. 

5.32 LB Michael Danna Michigan - Just back from IR. Was the best rookie when he was injured. Elite burst off the edge. Going to be good.

7.23 CB Thakarius "BoPete" Keyes Tulane - Now getting a few snaps. Mostly ST

UDFA DT Tershawn "Turk" Wharton Missouri-Rolla - Fully in the DT rotation.  Future starter. 

One reason Wharton was undrafted is that Missouri-Rolla is sort of like drafting a player from Cal-Tech or MIT.

Edited by onejayhawk

• 3 weeks later...