How Are Those Rookies Doing?

notthatbluestuff

1. - Wirfs has been pretty ridiculous...

2. - Winfield has been really good as well...  he has some great instincts.

3. - Keyshawn Vaughn hasn't had much playing time and has been up and down.  He had some costly mistakes in a couple games.

4. - Tyler Johnson looks good but is not getting playing time because its a crowded room.

Most people graded the NE draft class in the bottom 5 this year (us included).

It's been one of Bill's stronger classes. Onwenu is a ridiculous steal, Dugger has established himself as a starter as a roaming S/LB, Uche has shown good burst off the edge, Herron has had starts at RT and done ok as well. The TEs are disappointing, but been deliberately kept back

Graded it a C-, now it should be a B+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's been one of Bill's stronger classes. Onwenu is a ridiculous steal, Dugger has established himself as a starter as a roaming S/LB, Uche has shown good burst off the edge, Herron has had starts at RT and done ok as well. The TEs are disappointing, but been deliberately kept back

Curious to see what happens with Uche he looked like an interesting prospect.  I know he looked pretty impressive at the senior bowl.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

As a Hokie, even I was shocked Keene went in the third. That said, I think NE is a good place to develop a swiss army knife. 

• Like 1

Steelers had a very good draft class this year.

rd1: Micca Fitzpatrick - Not technically a draft pick but he did cost them the first rounder for 2020 so...

rd2: Chase Claypool - 62 Rec, 873 yds, 14.1 y/r, 9 TD receiving 2 rushing Putting him 4th among the rookie WR in yds and rec. 1st in TDs

rd3: Alex Highsmith - Exception showing for a former walk-on 3rd round OLB.  Has shown the talent to terrorize QB and OT in the future.

rd4a: Anthony McFarland Jr. - Showed some speed but was limited due to crowded backfield and a lack of a running game.

rd4b: Kevin Dotson: Able to step in wk 1 and play OG at a high level.  Very good showing for a player not invited to the combine.

The rest got participation trophies.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:00 AM, .Buzz said:

Chaisson has been flat out bad. Really think our scheme is doing him no favors but you'd hope for a flash here and there.

I had high hopes for Chaisson.  I thought he was one of the better OLB prospects in the draft.  Always looked like he was shot out of a cannon for the jump he would get on the snap ( in college).

23 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I had high hopes for Chaisson.  I thought he was one of the better OLB prospects in the draft.  Always looked like he was shot out of a cannon for the jump he would get on the snap ( in college).

Definitely jumped the gun. We played him out of position at DE as we run a 4-3 but the light definitely came on the past 5-6 weeks of the season.

• Like 1