How Are Those Rookies Doing?

notthatbluestuff

3 hours ago, indifference said:

Wirfs and Winfield are playing elite ball right now. Dont think its sustainable for 16 weeks but seeing the potential at their best is promising. 2 future pro bowl caliber guys

Sigh.... He was my pick in the niners forum shadow draft. Meanwhile, our offensive line is getting destroyed, especially on the interior

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I was reading Simmons has been pretty brutal. Gave up a bunch of plays week 1 and was sat? 

Indeed.

It's super early so we'll see. Just not a great start. Sounds like they're largely not using him right though from what I've read. So 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How has McGlinchey been at LT?

He plays RT, and he's been bad this year.  Not sure what's going on there. He's getting beat more in pass pro this year, but it's a small sample. Had a 75 yard run called back because of his holding penalty. 

I think he'll get it right. He had a brief blip like this last year as well. He'll never be an elite pass protector, but he's definitely a great run blocker

Just now, Forge said:

He plays RT, and he's been bad this year.  Not sure what's going on there. He's getting beat more in pass pro this year, but it's a small sample. Had a 75 yard run called back because of his holding penalty. 

I think he'll get it right. He had a brief blip like this last year as well. He'll never be an elite pass protector, but he's definitely a great run blocker

Ah right, interesting to know. I firmly believe he was going to be a Raider had the 49ers not picked him before us. Fwiw Kolton Miller has been rock solid at LT for us. Everyone, myself included, hated the selection and he did have one of the worst rookie seasons at LT in history. However he has improved soooo much under Cable and is definitely an above average LT for us. I hope he continues to improve.

• Like 1

Ruiz, Callaway, and Trautman got some playing time. Roach remains the best Saints rookie at NT. He’s playing over Shy Tuttle who was also very good as a rookie last year. An embarrassment of riches at the DT position. 

They are unfortunately bring Ruiz back slowly from injury because the Saints need him. Peat is once again hurt and inconsistent and Easton is meh. Callaway was primarily on special teams and didn’t get a target (though he did get some snaps in 4-5 WR looks). Trautman had a catch. Josh Hill got hurt...so he’ll get more playing time moving forward. Still looks very promising. 

Ross Blacklock punched a guy and got ejected. That's more than you can say about the rest of the Texans, so it's a start.

Although, I am sure O'Brien is going to trade him for a 17th round pick in the Rule 5 draft (because O'Brien is the type who'd draft a Shortstop...)

• Like 2