Bears vs. Jags - GDT

CBears019

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah...normally I'd agree with you wholeheartedly on that, but it just feels like wallowing about as a somewhat above average team, and prolonging the inevitable. 

Even if you don't make the Super Bowl, wouldn't it be great to sneak into the playoffs and knock off the Packers or another team you don't like?  Even that would be a nice way to salvage the season.

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Even if you don't make the Super Bowl, wouldn't it be great to sneak into the playoffs and knock off the Packers or another team you don't like?  Even that would be a nice way to salvage the season.

What do you think the odds are that the Bears get into the playoffs, beat New Orleans on the road and then beat Green Bay on the road? 500 to 1? 1,000 to 1?

15 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nagy's the least of the three evils, but we're probably still stuck with the other two. MAYBE Trubisky can improve, but I'm doubtful. Pace is almost certainly a finished product. 

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Nagy's the least of the three evils, but we're probably still stuck with the other two. MAYBE Trubisky can improve, but I'm doubtful. Pace is almost certainly a finished product. 

I wouldn't buy into the fools gold, even if you win a couple of playoff games.  Tru's upside is very low.  I'd try to get an upgrade at the position at the earliest opportunity while you have this defense together.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Why do you care about Cleveland choking? 

Because I've said since college that Mayfield was overrated and there's a number of people that I dislike on the team. I'll always hate Garrett for hitting a player with a helmet, annoyed with the Dream Team comments once they got OBJ and Landry, they have Parky, etc. 

Just super easy to root against. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

To be fair- and yes I know it's the Jets- they were playing with PS WR's today

Then it compounds the stupidity of Chubb and Hunt getting only 15 rushes combined.

Plus they still had Hooper, Njoku, and Hunt in the pass game. Tru had less than that his entire rookie year and a worse OL. No sympathy from me. 

Remember... bitter Bears fan here. Lol

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Because I've said since college that Mayfield was overrated and there's a number of people that I dislike on the team. I'll always hate Garrett for hitting a player with a helmet, annoyed with the Dream Team comments once they got OBJ and Landry, they have Parky, etc. 

Parkey doinked an XP today too! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I can see the bulk of that...but Mayfield has turned out to be really good. He may still be an *******, but he's really good...