Bears vs. Jags - GDT

CBears019

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

64d941ebe3c226960384ed3ac1366233.gif

Mayfield's arm strength is flat-out superior to Trubisky's. His decision making is better, he reads defenses better, he...never mind. 

He's better in every conceivable way over Trubisky. I'd imagine, were he in Chicago, most of us would recognize that...

You cant be serious on any of that?  Like none of what you said was true.  Everyone is now dumber for having listened to it.  I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like 1

64d941ebe3c226960384ed3ac1366233.gif

Mayfield's arm strength is flat-out superior to Trubisky's. His decision making is better, he reads defenses better, he...never mind. 

He's better in every conceivable way over Trubisky. I'd imagine, were he in Chicago, most of us would recognize that...

Mayfield does have a stronger arm, he can barely control it but it's stronger. He's a mini-Cutler....wonderful. But you're stretching it with the bold. If he is so good at reading defenses why does he throw more INTs, especially when he has a vastly superior OL, RB corp, TE, and WR corps? Or is he just unable to differentiate when he should use that arm strength or when to take some off to deliver a more accurate ball?  Is he a better runner than Tru? 

He was a liability last year with a talented group around him. But they are having their first winning season with him at the helm this year because they took more responsibility off his plate and allowed Chubb/Hunt to be the difference makers. Shockingly, the less they let him think the better the team has done this year. Less attempts has been what he needed. There has been a direct correlation with his number of pass attempts to losses.

If you're crowning the game manager then go for it, I'm not impressed. Both he and Tru are underwhelming and neither warrants a massive deal. Watch Mayfield's stats drop when they can't keep a stud backfield and plugging in top talent all around him to make him look better than he really is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Arm strength doesn't mean crap if you can't control it. And the claim about good decision making and ability to read defenses is not true either. 

2W2YJLZALNCCNMGFYRDKMLXHYM.gif

ZHWCDZVYKFE3XM5QFQ5KMSLOHY.gif

FatherlyMaleChimpanzee-size_restricted.g

Slant-miss.gif

ENCABOLQURB67L5VSEKCIFNSUU.gif

U6U7PX7ZNRDYXIOWWVKFWQ5QHI.gif

Orlovsky absolutely kills Mayfield every Monday on his decision making and ability to read defenses. His film breakdowns of Mayfield are eye-opening. He is benefitting from a great OL and run game + tons of receiving threats.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It could be argued that Mitch had a better day today than Baker.  Mitch's team won, and while he did have the one ugly throw for an INT, those two fumbles by Mayfield were total back-breakers for the Browns.

Today? Maybe so. 

46 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You cant be serious on any of that?  Like none of what you said was true.  Everyone is now dumber for having listened to it.  I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Yeah.

Sure.

12 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

He was a liability last year with a talented group around him. But they are having their first winning season with him at the helm this year because they took more responsibility off his plate and allowed Chubb/Hunt to be the difference makers. Shockingly, the less they let him think the better the team has done this year. Less attempts has been what he needed. There has been a direct correlation with his number of pass attempts to losses.

There's absolutely no chance that he's gotten better the more he plays.

That is, after all, always how it works with quarterbacks.

Gotcha. 

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Gotcha. 

His regression last year literally craps on that logic, but sure. lol

So does Goff, Wentz, Prescott's yo-yo performance over his first 4 years or so, etc... But we will ignore regression because they "always" get better the more they play.

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

His regression last year literally craps on that logic, but sure. lol

So does Goff, Wentz, Prescott's yo-yo performance over his first 4 years or so, etc... But we will ignore regression because they "always" get better the more they play.

So...Trubisky was better than Mayfield last year? 

Never mind. Trubisky is an awesome quarterback. We all should thank our lucky stars, and the football gods, that he plays for the Bears. 

He will be a perennial All-Pro...he's simply that good.

5 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

So...Trubisky was better than Mayfield last year? 

Never mind. Trubisky is an awesome quarterback. We all should thank our lucky stars, and the football gods, that he plays for the Bears. 

He will be a perennial All-Pro...he's simply that good.

Both sucked. Trubisky was less of a liability but was asked to do less too. But again, he had much less to work with than Mayfield. If you feel I'm wrong feel free to correct me with logic rather than a Bearable-like exaggeration.

Sure, we can do nonsensical snowball arguments. If that's the case I cant wait for Mahomes to live in the great Mayfield's shadow.

Today? Maybe so. 

Yeah.

Sure.

Gotcha. 

Arm strength they are probably about equal.  If you want to give a slight edge to Mayfield I'm not going to fight you.  But vastly superior?  Child please.  This is Baker Mayfield, not Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes.  Tru has a B+/A- arm, at BEST Mayfield has an A arm.  

Accuracy, again I would say it's probably a push, but you could make an argument for or against either player having a slight edge.

Decision maker?  Now that's just laughable.  Mayfield is slightly better than 1:1 on ratio, and has had a vastly superior cast every year.  Tru was 1:1 when his #1 was Dontrelle Inman.  With competent pass catchers hes been 2:1.

Reading the field?  Push.  Both are best when they can throw on time to the first read. 

Other things that you failed to mention?  Running.  Tru is unquestionably a better runner.  Not only that but he is much better throwing on the run, where he really excels.  Mayfield is a better anticipatory thrower.  

Sides: let's also not forget that for his entire pro career Mayfield has been handing the ball off to one of the best backs in the NFL and the last 2 years 2 of the best backs in the NFL.  Meanwhile Matt Nagy has been one of the most heavy passing play callers in the NFL until the last 4 weeks.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It could be argued that Mitch had a better day today than Baker.  Mitch's team won, and while he did have the one ugly throw for an INT, those two fumbles by Mayfield were total back-breakers for the Browns.

Geez Buck you think?

Mitch went 24/35 for 265 with 3 total TDs and an INT

Mayfield went 28/53 for 285 0 TDs and 2 fumbles that cost his team the win.

Now granted he didnt have his top 3 WRs, but Idk how you would make an argument for Mayfield.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Geez Buck you think?

Mitch went 24/35 for 265 with 3 total TDs and an INT

Mayfield went 28/53 for 285 0 TDs and 2 fumbles that cost his team the win.

Now granted he didnt have his top 3 WRs, but Idk how you would make an argument for Mayfield.

I didn't look at the numbers before I posted.  I just figured they were about the same and knew that those two fumbles were catastrophic.  As I stated earlier in the thread, I do agree with Heinz D. that you have to move on from Mitch.  I'd even be tempted to move up in this draft and try to get Wilson or Fields if possible.  The Bears did the right then when they traded up for Mitch.  They just unfortunately picked the wrong guy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I didn't look at the numbers before I posted.  I just figured they were about the same and knew that those two fumbles were catastrophic.  As I stated earlier in the thread, I do agree with Heinz D. that you have to move on from Mitch.  I'd even be tempted to move up in this draft and try to get Wilson or Fields if possible.  The Bears did the right then when they traded up for Mitch.  They just unfortunately picked the wrong guy.

I honestly dont know what to do about QB.  I mean, some crazy things to think about.  MT10 is the Bears all time #1 rated passer.  He also is the Bears #1 all time leader in comp%.  He hasnt lived up to #2 overall...but...the guy who the coaches (and pretty much all outside observers)thought would be better was SIGNIFICANTLY worse.  After the HC is humbled and actually starts coaching the offense he has and not the one he wishes he did, all of a sudden MT10 is putting in work.  In 5 games he has 11 TDs and 4 INTs.  Not coincidentally the RB who struggled to break 50 for 7 weeks, has played as well as any back for the last month.  Was 10 the problem or was it the guy calling the plays?  That's what I'm struggling with.  Either way, I dont forsee major change if the Bears make the playoffs.  They wont be in position to get Fields or Wilson, and they will need to win so blowing a 1st on a QB with other pressing needs probably isnt going to happen, and you cant role into 21 selling Nick Foles as the starter to the team or the fanbase.  

Not to mention my nightmare scenario is Tru goes to Minny or SF and lights it up in a system that will allow him to really flourish.

• Like 1