Jump to content

Bears vs. Jags - GDT


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, with Foles he was establishing a back-up plan in the unlikely (Pace's thinking) event that Mitch failed. If he was truly trying, he would have traded up and drafted Jordan Love, or at least taken Eason with one of the second round picks. If Pace does manage to stick around, and does pick a quarterback high, he very well could get it right this time. I'll certainly give you that. 

Neither of those guys would have made for good picks tho...the one thing worse than not finding a QB is over reaching 3 or 4 times for a QB...Pace has made the QB mistake once...I would be willing to give him another chance

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Of course he would...he tried to this offseason with Foles...again it didn't work out but he didn't just sit on his hands...he isn't stubborn...

I suspect with more draft capital this year he would happily draft a QB if the right guy is there.

The question becomes do we let him squander more future resources if he wants to trade up? I don’t think you can allow Pace to compromise more of the future because he is desperate now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Neither of those guys would have made for good picks tho...the one thing worse than not finding a QB is over reaching 3 or 4 times for a QB...Pace has made the QB mistake once...I would be willing to give him another chance

We have invested a lot at QB for us to be in this position.

69 millon guaranteed

2nd overall

4th round pick

To be sitting here right now has to be close to unacceptable for everyone?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The question becomes do we let him squander more future resources if he wants to trade up? I don’t think you can allow Pace to compromise more of the future because he is desperate now.

I think you need to let the guy do the job...if ownership does say to him he has one more year to get us where we need to be then you can't handcuff him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We have invested a lot at QB for us to be in this position.

69 millon guaranteed

2nd overall

4th round pick

To be sitting here right now has to be close to unacceptable for everyone?

I don't mind throwing resources at the most important position in all of sports...has it paid off? No but the alternatives is not trying to improve it and that would be unacceptable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Neither of those guys would have made for good picks tho...the one thing worse than not finding a QB is over reaching 3 or 4 times for a QB...Pace has made the QB mistake once...I would be willing to give him another chance

Love wouldn't have been a good pick? We'll revisit that in a few years.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We have invested a lot at QB for us to be in this position.

69 millon guaranteed

2nd overall

4th round pick

To be sitting here right now has to be close to unacceptable for everyone?

There is no "close" about it. It's COMPLETELY unacceptable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think you need to let the guy do the job...if ownership does say to him he has one more year to get us where we need to be then you can't handcuff him.

I agree with that and its why I think if there is any doubt then you fire Pace after this season because utimatums are almost never good. They usually lead to desperate decisions and overpaying.

If Pace is back then I'm sure he will have his contract extended to line up with Nagy's which doesn't necessarily mean he will be here more than another year but at least it gives the impression that there is some stability.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2020 at 5:42 PM, Madmike90 said:

My position is that without consistency in the NFL very very few teams ever win...I am not sure firing a HC who if he goes even 8-8 this season has never had a losing season is the best of ideas when we have no clear plan as to what comes next...if you know you are trading for a guy like McVey or Harbaugh is coming from college then fair enough...but right now who is the nailed on assistant who is going to want to come here? I don't see a ton of great options...sometimes the grass isn't always greener and tearing this team up right now puts us back to square one.

The best example of this is to look at DET. Caldwell went 11-5, 9-7, 9-7 with a playoff appearance and a great team culture. But that allegedly wasn't good enough, so they brought in Patricia, and things were terrible. 

By all accounts, the team culture since Nagy arrived has been very good. Like Windy said, if Nagy can can continue to check his ego, i don't see why he shouldn't stay another year. need a new qb obvi. idk about you guys, but i'd rather not end up like DET. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

The best example of this is to look at DET. Caldwell went 11-5, 9-7, 9-7 with a playoff appearance and a great team culture. But that allegedly wasn't good enough, so they brought in Patricia, and things were terrible. 

By all accounts, the team culture since Nagy arrived has been very good. Like Windy said, if Nagy can can continue to check his ego, i don't see why he shouldn't stay another year. need a new qb obvi. idk about you guys, but i'd rather not end up like DET. 

Team culture has been good even before Nagy got here when Fox was the head coach. Pace also deserves credit for that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't mind throwing resources at the most important position in all of sports...has it paid off? No but the alternatives is not trying to improve it and that would be unacceptable.

The alternative is not missing all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 12:12 AM, Sugashane said:

Being completely honest, if it were reversed and Chicago could sit people I would want to put my foot on GB's throat even if there was no chance of GB sneaking into the playoffs. Even if they are already eliminated and their roster is ravaged with injuries, I want a 40-point blowout to be the lasting memory of their season until opening day the next year.

 

That being said, if they have the same mentality and want to do that to us this year, I 100% understand that.

 

I'm a bitter Bears fan, I'm not a hypocrite though (that I know of at least?)

I don’t think Packer’s fans care that much at the moment.   Maybe older ones.   Been a fairly one sided rivalry for some time.  

Michigan - Ohio St. is getting that way. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I fire Pace we need someone objective to make the decision on Mitch and someone who has more of a future to pick the next guy.

Part of my frustration with Pace is how he's handled the position overall. Trade for Foles? Okay, fine. But draft a young guy (or sign an UFA) with potential as a fallback, and get rid of Bray. Nagy benches Trubisky? Well, bummer, but we all knew that was a possibility. Trade Mitch right then and there. Get more draft capital to help you trade up to get another guy. 

Not to mention that at least ONE quarterback should have been drafted in all the years since they got Mitch

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

This is gonna be a good fun thread this weekend. We are all bears fans again so this thread should be active 

When did we stop being Bears fans? 😕

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

 

The Bears injury report is absolutely huge. Now, most of those guys will probably play, but it's got me thinking that a Bears victory tomorrow is far from assured. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...