Jets and Browns Week 16 GDT...

Bucketheadsdad

Time for a quick poll.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Jet of all time?

• Joe Willie Namath
    • Emerson Boozer
    • The Governor of Revis Island, Darelle Revis
    • The diminutive Don Maynard
    • Weeb Ewbank
    • Bill Belichick (You know I had to list him here. He coached both teams playing this week. Sort of.)
    • Can't decide, so the entire "New York Sack Exchange"
    • Lou Benfatti
  2. 2. Who ya got winning this week?

• J E T S Jets, Jets, Jets (Because dammit, I'm a fan, and I want my team to win as often as possible.)
    • J E T S Jets, Jets, Jets (well, just because)
    • The Browns (Because dammit, I'm a fan, and the Jags are going to win out. Right? They're finishing with the Bears and Colts, and already beat Indy once.)
    • Hornby (because if you spend anytime in the Browns forum, we've got a couple of great Kiwi Browns fans, and one is from, and identifies himself as "Hornby.)

Hello Jets fans, 50+ year fan of the Browns here.    It is the holiday season, lots of things on everyone's mind and yet the games must go on.  Can completely understand where your heads are at right now.  Trust me, we've lived it for decades.  The Browns forum thought that we should help you guys out in this, the season of giving.  Therefore, we thought we should help you create your GDT for this week.  Browns/Jets Sunday 1:00 at the Meadowlands (Yeah, I know it has a new name now, but who the hell can keep track.  We still call our baseball stadium "The Jake" even though that owner sold the club over a decade ago.)

Joe Willie will be watching.  Will you?

giphy.gif

You guys have a Super Bowl trophy.

We've got Red Right 88.  The Drive.  The Fumble.  To paraphrase Lizzy Hale, "We don't miss the misery."

Those events all stopped us a game short of the Super Bowl.  

You guys have this.  It still makes everyone laugh, and Mark has ended up with a quality TV career.  

giphy.gif

The Browns and Jets have had a great history, including the first Monday Night game ever.

We know that last week was tough.  You may have seen the guy that you wanted to be the new savior of the franchise slip through your fingers.  We know what you're thinking.

giphy.gif

Trust us.  We know all about that.  We've been searching for a quarterback for over 20 years.  (Might have just found one as well.)  Heck, we might have even found a coach that we'll hang onto for more than a year or two.

giphy.gif

Winning against the Rams sucks, but again, trust us......going 0-16 REALLY SUCKS.  Going 1-31 REALLY SUCKS.  You guys know parades.  Well, so do we.  

Myself, along with hundreds of thousands of others have had to deal with what this wee lad has had to deal with....for almost a half century.  You guys have had at least the Yankees and the Steinbrenner family's checkbook. (Don't get me started on that one, TOTALLY DIFFERENT thread.)  :) 

giphy.gif

But things are looking up in Cleveland right now, and it'll happen with you guys too.  (Hopefully for both of us not this week though.)

Look at the bright side.  You've got a passionate, and most assuredly, a vocal fan base. 

(Although your efforts at getting a GDT thread up and running are severely lacking, and we're going to have to directly to webby about that.)

giphy.gif

Don't forget.......

giphy.gif

.....although the definition of "winning" might actually be a tad bit different this week.

giphy.gif

Here is to hoping that both of our clubs ultimately get what we really want on Sunday.

....and remember, as you GASE into the future of the New York Jets

giphy.gif

it has to improve, doesn't it?

Soon, things will be improved.  The Patriots dragon has been slayed this year.  (Not by you guys, but by the rest of the league, and some tall guy's move south.)  

The future of the Jets has to be better than this year.  So get excited.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Great thread.

Keyshawn Johnson is my fav all time Jet.

And you guys better beat us. And I hope somehow JAX can pull off a win against CHI. I just don’t see it happening.

Being you guys are in Cleveland.... care to share thoughts on Justin Fields for us at 2?

He is a dynamic player, but it’s somebody who does watch the buckeyes quite often, I never really picked up on this until some of the broadcasters talked about it this year. He does tend to want to hold onto the ball for a long time, hoping to make a play all the time. I think he does need to learn how to throw the ball away and run another down.

That being said, I think he’s a terrific player. Will he step right into the game at the highest level next year and become a dominant player? I don’t know. Maybe.That being said, I think he’s a terrific player. Will he step right into the game at the highest level next year and become a dominant player? I don’t know. Maybe.

I did not vote but if I had to it would be Namath and Revis. Namath was my first jersey and he was still playing while I wore it (**** that makes me sad). Chrebet deserves mention as does Mangold, Wesley Walker, D’brick. I will add Lou Benfatti only because he was my kids HS phys Ed teacher and I know him personally. Great guy.

As for the crap at hand, we have mention the brownies a lot. For some it provides hope. For others, like me, it brings a tear to my eye that we are comparing ourselves to the brownies.  But I do appreciate what your FO has done over the last couple of years.

40 minutes ago, xrade said:

I did not vote but if I had to it would be Namath and Revis. Namath was my first jersey and he was still playing while I wore it (**** that makes me sad). Chrebet deserves mention as does Mangold, Wesley Walker, D’brick. I will add Lou Benfatti only because he was my kids HS phys Ed teacher and I know him personally. Great guy.

As for the crap at hand, we have mention the brownies a lot. For some it provides hope. For others, like me, it brings a tear to my eye that we are comparing ourselves to the brownies.  But I do appreciate what your FO has done over the last couple of years.

Your kid's PE teacher is now an option.  

Sam Elliott Cowboy GIF by Doritos

After beating the Rams, I think the Browns are going to take this more seriously than they would have if we were 0-14. With that said, start Nick Chubb in all of your lineups. 

Curtis Martin & Revis. Ed Reed is my favorite DB of all time but he was a Jet for a short period of time.