Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz

patriotsheatyan

Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?

• Winston and Mariota
    • Goff and Wentz

I mean Goff was horrible as a rookie so that more or less makes Mariota+Winston better by default(right now) plus they have an extra season to evaluate them with. 

I'd say Winston is the best of all these QBs so far since he's been the closest to making the playoffs and hasn't missed games or been flat out terrible. 

Mariota IMO is the second best but his injuries are holding him back a little bit, Wentz could easily be no.1 or no.2 by the end of this year but for right now I'll say he's 3rd.

Goff has improved leaps and bounds from his rookie year but only 5ish games of "good" goff I'll say he's the worst of the 4 right now. He probably has the best coaching around him though so with another year he could become a top 16 QB.

Not sure why Winston hasn't been criticized that much when he has really failed to make the improvements that young franchise QBs should. 

His decision making is the worst of any of these 4 QBs IMO and it actually got worse his second season. This year it's looking better but he really has been disappointing to me. And I am rooting for him a ton, bc I have a soft spot for the Bucs.  

Mariota has been incredibly efficient and he looks like a franchise QB. But these injuries worry me. It was brought up by Mike Lombardi And it was a very good point, which Is that he will never stay healthy if he continues this style of play.  When has a QB ever pulled a hamstring??? Not one i recall aside from him. Maybe his coaching needs to improve. But if Tennessee keeps using him like they do, he's going to be banged up all the time.  

Wentz and Goff we need to wait until the end of the year. But if i had to predict how good each QB will be in 5 years....

Winston: Around 12-15 range. 

Mariota: (if healthy) Top 5. Among the best in the league

Wentz: Top 5.  Same as above ^^^

Goff: Top 8-10 range. Very good QB but not one who can win games on his own for a whole season if needed. 

So it's pretty damn close. I'd take Goff over Winston and put MM and Wentz as a wash ATM. So maybe Goff/Wentz 

9 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Not sure why Winston hasn't been criticized that much when he has really failed to make the improvements that young franchise QBs should. 

His decision making is the worst of any of these 4 QBs IMO and it actually got worse his second season. This year it's looking better but he really has been disappointing to me. And I am rooting for him a ton, bc I have a soft spot for the Bucs.   

I give Winston a pass on lack of improvement because IMO the Buc's offense is just poorly designed and doesn't have very good personnel in the passing game. Winston is often under pressure, and the passing routes seem to lack rhyme or reason, it's almost as if the Bucs brain trust expects him to improvise. You can't really improve under those conditions.

I do agree that Winston's decision making isn't the best. I think it's a product of two things: At FSU, he often had better athletes around him than the teams he was playing did on defense, so could afford to throw the ball up for grabs and/or force it, and expect his receivers to make the play anyway. That also meant he could afford to make mistakes, knowing that his team, and he, could come back from them. It was a gunslinger's mentality at FSU. It's also a product of the Bucs offense being designed around him in that way even though this situation doesn't prevail in the NFL. 

Am i missing something 

Jameis Winston is averaging 300 passing yards a game, while having a ypa of 7.9 and a completion % of 61. Winston is outplaying mariota.. AND HONESTLY ITS NOT CLOSE

Dak Prescott is better than Goff and Wentz... Dak is on pace for 43 total td's this season

am i alone in thinking this... what's the deal

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Winston has so many weapons.... there's no excuse unless his offensive line is on par with like... Seattle/Giants

but he has a clueless head coach in dirk koetter who is really a 2nd rate offensive coordinator, winston has made bad coaches look decent before.. JIMBO FISHER

mariota and wentz are overhyped

Goff up until the seattle game at least warranted some of it

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

but he has a clueless head coach in dirk koetter who is really a 2nd rate offensive coordinator, winston has made bad coaches look decent before.. JIMBO FISHER

mariota and wentz are overhyped

Goff up until the seattle game at least warranted some of it

Goff is warranted but Wentz is overhyped? lol that's amusing.

15 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Mariota has been incredibly efficient and he looks like a franchise QB. But these injuries worry me. It was brought up by Mike Lombardi And it was a very good point, which Is that he will never stay healthy if he continues this style of play.  When has a QB ever pulled a hamstring??? Not one i recall aside from him. Maybe his coaching needs to improve. But if Tennessee keeps using him like they do, he's going to be banged up all the time.  

Wentz and Goff we need to wait until the end of the year. But if i had to predict how good each QB will be in 5 years....

Winston: Around 12-15 range. 

Mariota: (if healthy) Top 5. Among the best in the league

Wentz: Top 5.  Same as above ^^^

Goff: Top 8-10 range. Very good QB but not one who can win games on his own for a whole season if needed. 

So it's pretty damn close. I'd take Goff over Winston and put MM and Wentz as a wash ATM. So maybe Goff/Wentz 

winston is younger than wentz and is arguably on his level

what is this obsession with trying to make carson wentz.. aaron rodgers or something, he is a good young qb. But if you are asking if i am taking him over winston, prescott or watson.... NO

Just now, JohnnyU said:

WENTZ HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER THAN PRESCOTT.. NEVER

no stat will show him as better 

Uhhh except right now?

Carson Wentz - Passer Rating: 97.7
Dak Prescott - Passer Rating: 93.1

Carson Wentz - Team Record: 4-1
Dak Prescott - Team Record: 2-3

Also Prescott had nothing to do with the conversation at hand lmfao.

I'll be honest, I think Winston is booty...

I'm taking Goff and Wentz but only swayed due to this season. Were it last season, I'd be picking Mariota and Winston as I thought Goff was obviously bad, but even Wentz was not great. So many interceptable balls. This year, Wentz is looking good, but he's still ranked right at the bottom in completions under pressure. Just firing it out when he sees pressure. If he changes that around, he's in top (ENTER NUMBER) discussions. 

Archived