Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz

patriotsheatyan

Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?

• Winston and Mariota
    • Goff and Wentz

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You know what's funny. It seems like anyone who's not an Eagles fan loves to hate Wentz and refuses to give him any credit. Aside from @Matts4313 that is.

Personally I'd have been happy with Wentz if we took him. But I love what I'm seeing from Goff with a real coach and would take him over Wentz and have no problem with it. I think they'll both be damned good QB's and hopefully be battling for a long time. 

5 hours ago, JudeMorrigan said:

This is not a great argument.  The sequence to end the Bucs-Bills game this last weekend is a perfect example of why.  With the score tied with 9:30 left in the game, Winston had a series with no incompletions to lead to the team scoring the go-ahead TD with 3:13 left on the clock.  The Bills proceeded to go 75 yards in three plays to tie the game back up.  Ok, so there's 2:28 left in the game, still time for another score before the end of the game.  Following a touchback, the first play of that series is an 8-yard completion, the wideout fumbles, game over.

In short, as important as a quarterback is, there are entirely too many factors that go into a team's success to use the playoffs as a metric for a single player's success.

I agree with your argument but I’ll stick to the results argument. Like talk about factors, Goff was in the worst situation that a rookie QB could be in ever. Not too many people gave him a pass because it’s still about results and he was (0-7) and wasn’t producing. Now the situation is better and the Rams are (5-2) and Goff is producing. So yeah the factors we can look at but we both know it’s all about wins and losses and these are franchise QBs so they are held to higher standards than let’s say Kizer or Beathard. Even Tyrod we don’t hold as high of a standard as we would Mariota, Winston, Wentz, and Goff. So in that case it would be more fitting to say IF Jones didn’t drop a potential GW td pass in one of the Bills early games they wouldn’t have lost that. But even then it’s still about results and not fully about factors. So again I agree with you with factors go into the success or lack of success for QBs on the teams but it’s a harsh reality about results in sports and Wentz and Goff is putting their teams in position to make the playoffs in year 2 (Wentz 22 starts and Goff 14 starts) and Mariota and Winston hasn’t took their teams to the playoffs. Mariota has a better chance than Winston this year as we stand through seven weeks but we will see for all those QBs and their respect teams.

On 10/31/2017 at 5:05 PM, Buc Ball said:

3 of his 8 on the season. On course for his lowest number of turnovers in his career.

I'm a Bucs fan and I can tell you 8 turnovers in 7 games is poor. And he didn't even play the full game against Arizona. He plays wreck less and he can't hit anyone deep. He's got the flaws in his game that get that bust labeled next to his name. He's regressed

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Has Jameis actually made any strides forward yet at this point being half way through year 3?

No. His accuracy has been bad. Vision is bad. He's missed open receivers due to staring down Jackson and Evans. He's gotten away with throwing balls into double coverage. His turnover numbers are down but his decision making is still poor. The eye test shows a different story

Archived