Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz

patriotsheatyan

Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Winston and Mariota vs Goff and Wentz, which duo with have better careers?

• Winston and Mariota
    • Goff and Wentz

14 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

ess what ,Dak still has a higher completion rate than wentz... Carson has a long way too go before he is on prescotts level. And i say this as a fan of the bucs and texans

14 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

smh.. daks oline is not good this year., zeke hasnt been good this year, neither has dez.. if the cowboys had a top 15 d.. prescott would be in the running for mvp

Philly has the number #1 oline this year, with a better defense, same with Jared goff which means limited chances at the ball for dak and guess what ,Dak still has a higher completion rate than wentz... Carson has a long way too go before he is on prescotts level. And i say this as a fan of the bucs and texans

Carson aint that dude yall tryna to make him out to be, If Dak had a game that Wentz had last week it would be just another day at the office, but wentz does it.. and stop the presses he is the next aaron rodgers.. stuff is ridicolous man

Last year was 16 games, this year has been 5 games, so my point is still valid when talking about career numbers when Dak had by farrr the way better cast last season.

Expect Todd Gurley to have a big game and Jared Goff to do his best trying to manage the game this Sunday.

If Jacksonville get up on the Rams early it's going to put them in a lot of situations where the Jags and that nasty Pass Defense know the Rams have to pass and it might get ugly.

Still early yet, but I don’t really like what I’ve seen from Winston and Mariota seems to get injured more often than you’d like. That, and I like the potential/year Goff has had, and think Wentz is already playing at a higher level than I thought he would be. Give me the young(er) guns.

Winston is true garbage. Bucs are screwed because Lovie was the one that wanted that bum then got fired. By picking him they missed out on Wentz or Goff the following year and now will miss out on a stacked 2018 QB class because they won't give up on this bum yet.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, Danger said:

Winston has so many weapons.... there's no excuse unless his offensive line is on par with like... Seattle/Giants

Winston is the one holding back the offense. Dirk knows Winston is dumb and is a turnover machine. He's a game manager at best and you better have a top flight D to counter his suckage. Dirk knows this.

26 minutes ago, lod01 said:

Winston is true garbage. Bucs are screwed because Lovie was the one that wanted that bum then got fired. By picking him they missed out on Wentz or Goff the following year and now will miss out on a stacked 2018 QB class because they won't give up on this bum yet.

Winston is the sole reason the bucs are actually relevant right now but ok.

32 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Not really. He's very inaccurate and can't hit the deep ball at all. He just doesn't see the field well as he doesn't see open receivers when he's locked on to his primary pre snap option. 

6 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Not really. He's very inaccurate and can't hit the deep ball at all. He just doesn't see the field well as he doesn't see open receivers when he's locked on to his primary pre snap option. 

Would you really prefer the bucs never drafted Winston?

2 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Would you really prefer the bucs never drafted Winston?

Yeah I didn't like him coming out on the field. He regressed from his freshman year in a very bad way. I wanted Garoppolo in 2014 and I was a mariota supporter in 15. I'm not sure how he's doing other Than the hammy injury this year. 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:38 PM, JohnnyU said:

smh.. daks oline is not good this year., zeke hasnt been good this year, neither has dez.. if the cowboys had a top 15 d.. prescott would be in the running for mvp

Dak has yet to prove he can carry a team when the Cowboy's running attack isn't doing a whole lot. As a rookie, all he had to do is throw the ball around 30% of the time when the Cowboys wanted to take advantage of the defense completely stacked to stop the run. His receivers are never double teamed and the defense cannot just take off to stop the pass when the Cowboy's offense relies so much on the run, so he faces the least amount of defensive pressure when he goes back to pass.

Philly has the number #1 oline this year, with a better defense, same with Jared goff which means limited chances at the ball for dak and guess what ,Dak still has a higher completion rate than wentz... Carson has a long way too go before he is on prescotts level. And i say this as a fan of the bucs and texans

I seriously doubt that Prescott will ever be a solid franchise QB, he is just lucky to be on a team whose offense is geared to the run, the defense has to play to stop the run, giving the QB far more time to pass the ball. All he has to be is a solid game manager who does not turn the ball over a lot.

Carson aint that dude yall tryna to make him out to be, If Dak had a game that Wentz had last week it would be just another day at the office, but wentz does it.. and stop the presses he is the next aaron rodgers.. stuff is ridicolous man

Your right, he has a real shot at being better than Dak by a mile. Ditto for Goff, Winston and Mariota. These 4 guys are true franchise QB's and not game managers.

As to who will turn out  to be the best, it can come down to how good your HC is and if you can avoid injuries, way too early to tell for sure.

17 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Is he though?

He was 5/10 for 61 yards and looked bad when he was in, not to mention they were getting blown out before he even got injured. 

He has been mediocre this season at best. And please don't come back with "7 TDs 3 INTs derp  derp". He's been very inaccurate, on basically every type of throw. Not just the deep ball. He has one of the best overall WRs in Mike Evans and one of the best deep threats in Jackson, to go with a very good duo of TEs and he is holding those guys back. 

Poor DeSean. He signed with the Bucs thinking hed be catching balls every week and getting chances to make big plays. But he's on pace for his worst seasons ever. 

But back to Jameis. He is severely overrated. Hell, he had me fooled for awhile into thinking he was actually good. Then I started watching more and more Bucs games since last season (I live near Tampa so they're always on) and I have seen a guy who hasn't shown any signs of growth. He's in year 3 and he's still doing the exact same things he did in COLLEGE. Forcing throws way too often, not going through his reads and throwing to his 3rd or 4th or even 2nd options when his first one isn't open. Making REALLY dumb mistakes. Cutler-dumb kind of mistakes. Hasn't improved his mechanics or throwing motion whatsoever. 

If you look at the great QBs, you see how they tend to show steady progression and make big leaps in their second or third years. Wentz, Goff, and Mariota all have done that. Winston hasn't. I'm not sure he'll ever be much better than he is now. Which is a shame because the Bucs have a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball.

Archived