Week 16 - Rams at Seahawks

RamRod

Need to rebound. Still can win the NFC West. If there's any silver lining about last week maybe it motivates the players. With the Seahawks and Cardinals as the only teams left I think they'll play hard in divisional matchups. 

I would be lying though if I said the Jets loss doesn't have me at least a little worried about how far the team can go. Not sure they're the Super Bowl contender some make them out to be.

Rams will win 27-24. This is the game the Rams was peeking ahead too so I think they will find a way to once again beat the Seahawks. It’s going to be close though and if the Rams had Akers I would’ve predicted the Rams to score 30pts. Goff will rebound though and have a nice game. I expect the defense to get after Wilson and force a turnover or two. 

Akers is out for the game. Last time he didn’t have much of an impact. On the flip side, last time Carson and Hyde both didn’t play.. they will this time. 

Even after the Jets loss I felt good about this game. However I’m slowly starting to have some doubt. Regardless of how well the Rams have looked at times, there’s no denying that every other game or two they have a bad offensive performance. There’s no way to know which team will show up. This is a game where Goff needs to perform. He’s turned it over 8 times since the bye week and that’s after the Miami game.  In fact, the LA Rams playoffs start tomorrow. From here on out every game is significant. No excuses for a bad game. It’s too late in the year to make any excuse at this point. Imo the season is basically over if they don’t show up Sunday. Hoping they restore my faith. 

37 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Akers is out for the game. Last time he didn’t have much of an impact. On the flip side, last time Carson and Hyde both didn’t play.. they will this time. 

Even after the Jets loss I felt good about this game. However I’m slowly starting to have some doubt. Regardless of how well the Rams have looked at times, there’s no denying that every other game or two they have a bad offensive performance. There’s no way to know which team will show up. This is a game where Goff needs to perform. He’s turned it over 8 times since the bye week and that’s after the Miami game.  In fact, the LA Rams playoffs start tomorrow. From here on out every game is significant. No excuses for a bad game. It’s too late in the year to make any excuse at this point. Imo the season is basically over if they don’t show up Sunday. Hoping they restore my faith. 

Hyde played the last time we played Seattle.

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong. I must have mistook him for Alex Collins. 

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

Yeah I’m not a fan of not winning out to play the East. At this point we’ve shown we can’t play against bad teams so bring on any other team lmao Just posted it in the nfc west chat but the Niners just killed us a bit once again. With the win to the cards we still haven’t clinched a spot. Obviously winning out would make that irrelevant though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

Yeah I’m not a fan of not winning out to play the East. At this point we’ve shown we can’t play against bad teams so bring on any other team lmao Just posted it in the nfc west chat but the Niners just killed us a bit once again. With the win to the cards we still haven’t clinched a spot. Obviously winning out would make that irrelevant though

That option is basically gone. Tampa would have to lose to the Falcons.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That option is basically gone. Tampa would have to lose to the Falcons.

If this year has taught me anything.. it’s that no game is guaranteed in the NFL lol that said I wasn’t aware of that and chances are pretty likely that the Bucs win. I think playing Seattle in LA would be fun. Imagine beating them 3 times in a year....... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

If this year has taught me anything.. it’s that no game is guaranteed in the NFL lol that said I wasn’t aware of that and chances are pretty likely that the Bucs win. I think playing Seattle in LA would be fun. Imagine beating them 3 times in a year....... 

I'd much rather play Seattle than Tampa. Seattle isn't an easy out, but McVay generally does well against Carroll. Plus, with the way seeding would be, we would avoid Brady entirely unless both us and Tampa Bay make the NFCCG. Unfortunately, we'd have to play New Orleans if we beat Seattle. But the playoffs will be tough sledding no matter what.