Week 16 - Rams at Seahawks

RamRod

I’m so disappointed in this team. Everything was ours for the taking. Two bad losses in a row. Goff just needs to be slightly above average and we don’t lose. 

I can overlook everything about him but I cannot overlook his elementary turnovers and boneheaded plays like sliding before getting the first. Dude just doesn’t have good football IQ and he lacks field generalship 

our OL is charmin soft. 

feel bad for our defense who play their ***** off

Edited by rocky_rams

42 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, it would have to be Raymond Calais or Xavier Jones as the #2 HB, if Hendo and Akers are both out. God, that would be rough if we're stuck with our #2 QB and #3 HB.

I'd rather get a powerful OG than a C.

I'm just not convinced that Corbett isn't too finesse for my liking at center.  He can do the job, but as someone I'd be down with signing on a long-term deal at starter's money, I'd rather have the ideal than a could-do.  I'd be looking at allowing Landon to get his feet wet at guard and slide him over to center when Corbett's contract was up (or at the rate we lose centers...).

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

I really don't want to see the Rams or Cardinals in the playoffs. Both teams will probably beat Seattle if they get matched up.

In Seattle, I have my doubts.  That said, I'm genuinely just hoping for as few home games at sites that have been allowing fans in - largely because the ones that have been, by and large, haven't been regulating the safety measures well.  But at this point, I'm fairly convinced that a COVID exposure quarantine is going to cost at least one team their playoff game.

28 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'd guess the NFL changes that. It seems they normally group games to not give a team an advantage. 

I doubt it. This happens pretty much every year.

23 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm just not convinced that Corbett isn't too finesse for my liking at center.  He can do the job, but as someone I'd be down with signing on a long-term deal at starter's money, I'd rather have the ideal than a could-do.  I'd be looking at allowing Landon to get his feet wet at guard and slide him over to center when Corbett's contract was up (or at the rate we lose centers...).

I don't think Corbett is too finesse at C. I'm not looking to fix something that isn't broken. I think he's a quality starting Center. I'd rather focus on addressing holes than plan on creating one.

Edited by jrry32

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

What we were saying is we had to see what we had with what we had.  We couldn't just make the assessment that they weren't up to snuff because they couldn't produce when they were having to deal with different combinations of themselves in different ways with each passing week.  They got some continuity this season and we saw that a number of them weren't up to snuff; we can move on from here.  I'd argue it's as much a psychological/attitude issue with some of these guys than a lack of talent, but that doesn't make them less replaceable, and we have more of a window (arguably less assets this next offseason compared to last, but also less pressing needs outside of this particular trench this upcoming one) to undertake that effort - and the draft is deeper this year in that regard, I'd argue.  We've effectively seen that if Noteboom has a future on this team it's at guard, not OT; he doesn't have the feet and the lower-body drive at sealing the edge to be an OT).  Blythe has been solid, but ultimately he's not the kind of center we've seen Kromer's blocking scheme really sing under as far as rushing attacks and securing the POA at the peak of the pocket - we need a mauler of a center there (or a pair of absolute maulers for guards).  Think Max Unger, Ben Grubbs, Jahri Evans mold.

Well i hope this draft is deep at OL because we still don't have our 1st round and we don't have cap to get a good FA.  

OL and a good ILB should be the priority in this draft. 

8 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

John Wolford about to have a Kurt Warner type takeover on to the SB! 

I'm hoping to see him play.

1) i'm tired of seeing Goff playing

2) We don't have anything to lose at this point. I prefer to lose with Wolford and see what is capable of doing. 

I saw good thing 2 years ago from him in the preseason and i'm really curious to see if he can perform at the pro level. 

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The good news for us is that we'll know if we need to win to make the playoffs. The Bears play at 1. We play at 4:25.

Think it’s at the same time as us now.

Once again the team comes up short. It’s a shame. Another terrible turnover. Really feels like it’s a guarantee every game. Not sure what to say or think about this team anymore. If I say Goff is the problem y’all get upset even though he’s still the most inconsistent part of this entire team excluding special teams. Still waiting for a QB to put the team on his back. If I’m being honest I think the problem is so obvious that Goff is now trying to do too much to prove people wrong. He’s just digging himself in a bigger hole. He even said he tried getting too cute with it. He showed some serious toughness in this and I hate that it made me like him more. I truly like the dude and I’m still so hopeful for him. But I’m calling things as they are RIGHT NOW and what we HAVE seen. People think I somehow hate him and can’t wait till he’s gone lol couldn’t be further from the truth. Right now, we might have 2-3 problems. But he’s the biggest of all. People just seem too soft to understand the concept of holding yourself accountable 

11 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Once again the team comes up short. It’s a shame. Another terrible turnover. Really feels like it’s a guarantee every game. Not sure what to say or think about this team anymore. If I say Goff is the problem y’all get upset even though he’s still the most inconsistent part of this entire team excluding special teams. Still waiting for a QB to put the team on his back. If I’m being honest I think the problem is so obvious that Goff is now trying to do too much to prove people wrong. He’s just digging himself in a bigger hole. He even said he tried getting too cute with it. He showed some serious toughness in this and I hate that it made me like him more. I truly like the dude and I’m still so hopeful for him. But I’m calling things as they are RIGHT NOW and what we HAVE seen. People think I somehow hate him and can’t wait till he’s gone lol couldn’t be further from the truth. Right now, we might have 2-3 problems. But he’s the biggest of all. People just seem too soft to understand the concept of holding yourself accountable 

The turnover was completely inexcusable but I think this is giving too much of a pass to the OL. Goff was pressured 24 times yesterday. This was most of his career, 3rd most of the Carroll era and most since 2015. And they did this blitzing less than their 2020 average. Virtually no QB in the league can operate effectively in that. Goff 100% needs to run on that boot and at worse give the Rams a 9-3 lead but that 1 turnover doesn't explain all the offensive struggles. 

In some offensive duds this year I thought the offensive line was more than good enough to win. This and the Jets game were not that. It's a bad trend. 

36 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The turnover was completely inexcusable but I think this is giving too much of a pass to the OL. Goff was pressured 24 times yesterday. This was most of his career, 3rd most of the Carroll era and most since 2015. And they did this blitzing less than their 2020 average. Virtually no QB in the league can operate effectively in that. Goff 100% needs to run on that boot and at worse give the Rams a 9-3 lead but that 1 turnover doesn't explain all the offensive struggles. 

In some offensive duds this year I thought the offensive line was more than good enough to win. This and the Jets game were not that. It's a bad trend. 

I agree.. but how come EVERY time there’s pressure our franchise QB can’t pull through? Teams don’t respect Goff and they blitz and send pressure and do whatever because they know he can’t handle it. I get it.. pressure affects all quarterbacks. It’s tough to be good with someone in your face. But you have to over come that on occasion. He was pressured but also had so many chances to spark this team in the last 2 months or so. All I see right now is a guy who’s not confident, puts the best defense in the league in terrible spots, and takes points off the board AT MINIMUM once a game. Russ was harassed and killed all game yesterday.. he still found a way. The most heartbreaking thing this year is  that this defense is going to waste. 

Edited by MDY10

1 minute ago, MDY10 said:

I agree.. but how come EVERY time there’s pressure our franchise QB can’t pull through? Teams don’t respect Goff and they blitz and send pressure and do whatever because they know he can’t handle it. I get it.. pressure affects all quarterbacks. It’s tough to be good with someone in your face. But you have to over come that on occasion. He was pressured but also had so many chances to spark this team in the last 2 months or so. All I see right now is a guy who’s not confident, puts the best defense in the league in terrible spots, and takes points off the board AT MINIMUM once a game. Russ was harassed and killed all game yesterday.. he still found a way. 

That wasn't the case yesterday. Seattle blitzed less than their season average. They got pressure while still playing coverage. 

I get it if people are off Goff. But yesterday's offensive output shouldn't just be put on Goff. Yes someone like Wilson, Mahomes, or Watson probably win that game for us. But it's a bad offensive showing when you are needing QBs to consistently avoid pressure and make plays to move the ball. I wish Goff would be that guy but it's also up to the other 10 on offense to effectively move the ball. Really only Kupp and Woods were dependable and it showed. 

• Like 1

Anyone else legitimately excited for next Sunday? You've heard of Big d!ck Nick Foles, well let me present to you "Long Dong John Wolford"

No, but seriously. We're going to see McVay's genius really shine if he can tailor a game plan to make John Wolford successful and move the ball. If we get Akers and Henderson back that would be HUGE, but I do not know the extent of their injuries yet. 

John Wolford 16/28 225yrd passing 1TD , 50 rushing 1 TD NO TURNOVERS and a Rams win. We go into the postseason with a new energy. McVay needs to get creative, but I wouldn't want any other coach in the league right now. 1 game to get into the playoffs, starting QB goes down, how do you react?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

That wasn't the case yesterday. Seattle blitzed less than their season average. They got pressure while still playing coverage. 

I get it if people are off Goff. But yesterday's offensive output shouldn't just be put on Goff. Yes someone like Wilson, Mahomes, or Watson probably win that game for us. But it's a bad offensive showing when you are needing QBs to consistently avoid pressure and make plays to move the ball. I wish Goff would be that guy but it's also up to the other 10 on offense to effectively move the ball. Really only Kupp and Woods were dependable and it showed. 

But the thing is.. we don’t need an elite QB. We need an average guy who takes care of the ball. That’s literally all we need to win a Super Bowl or at least be legit contenders. I don’t think that’s that crazy to ask for from a first overall pick who’s been extended. Yes bad offensive performances can derail any QB in any given day.. but Goff hasn’t showed up in so long regardless of how the rest of the offense does. Am I losing it or am I speaking facts here? 

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Anyone else legitimately excited for next Sunday? You've heard of Big d!ck Nick Foles, well let me present to you "Long Dong John Wolford"

No, but seriously. We're going to see McVay's genius really shine if he can tailor a game plan to make John Wolford successful and move the ball. If we get Akers and Henderson back that would be HUGE, but I do not know the extent of their injuries yet. 

John Wolford 16/28 225yrd passing 1TD , 50 rushing 1 TD NO TURNOVERS and a Rams win. We go into the postseason with a new energy. McVay needs to get creative, but I wouldn't want any other coach in the league right now. 1 game to get into the playoffs, starting QB goes down, how do you react?

Hahaha first time all year I’m scared before a game. Anything actually confirmed about Goff being out? I think the rams definitely lose without him.. even though he hasn’t helped much lately I can’t imagine Walford does. Unless he’s our next Kurt lmao praying for the packers to win 

Edited by MDY10

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

I'm just sick of the "Goff this, Goff that" mindset that this fanbase has grown into. They've completely turned on him. He absolutely deserves a good portion of the blame, but putting it ALL on him and refusing to acknowledge the problems with the playcalling, the blocking, and the special teams is just lazy. I have no problem criticizing Goff and I'm absolutely a little more unsure of him after this season, but he's not the only one like everyone is making it out to be. 

Having to start an undrafted QB for his first game in a must win game is not a good thing.