Week 16: Panthers at Football Team

turtle28

Why: Because we’re trying to lock up the division so we can get smoked in the wildcard 

When: Flexes to 4:05 pm bc it’s an important game of two losing teams

Where: At the big post office!

How: We got here by not making mistakes and a dominant defense that’s now top 5!

The Football Team of Washington, DC that plays its games in Maryland and has its headquarters in Virginia has been a lost pup since 1991 and we wonder why?

We can even figure out which state/city we want to represent!

I expect our defense to absolutely dominate the Panthers. McCaffery won’t try to play and he shouldn’t, and our DL should have no problems dominating the Panthers OL like last year.

JP Finlay reported that he thinks the LBs will be much better this week. Holcomb was full go at practice and Rivera said that Mychal Kendricks looks good. I’d still like Hundson to start at WLB but reading into that comment it sounds like it might be Kendrick’s.

The Panthers pose a few problems for us, good WRs, a solid DL and some talent in the secondary namely rookies Derick Brown and Jeremy Chin.

All in All I expect the Football team to do enough to win, but I don’t expect a high scoring affair.

Panthers: 13

Football Team: 19

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, 4209 said:

Maybe they are concern about Smith or do they have concerns about DH. They could also be letting Heinicke some reps with the one's. This is interesting either way you look at it and we should monitor this the rest of the week.

I’d definitely say it doesn’t look good for Alex. Then, I’d say that they want Heinicke to get some first team reps in case Haskins is playing awful or something happens to him. They have to cover all their bases.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s a tough dude!! I’ve been very critical in years past but always felt like he’s been huge here for the way he fights to be on the field. He’s gone against some great players and held his own he’s a seriously big dude. Heck of a player in the 3rd round!!!

• Like 3

My belief is...that this year's team is special & destined for the playoffs. Perhaps a Championship...

With everything that has happened from covid-19, Rivera's cancer, team name changed, Alex Smith's comeback from Theismann like injury, Chase Young's special impact as a highly touted prospect & anything else out of the ordinary.

I will not be surprised at all, if this team reaches the Superbowl.

Their most likely opponent? The Chiefs

Where Alex played & mentored Mahommes.  Not to mention Fuller coming back after winning a SB with them last yr.

Now whether this happens or not, I don't know.

But there's something special about this specific team & year for this team.

We'll just have to wait & see how far it takes us.

• Like 1

Btw, I think we'll win, but I'm nervous as hell.

I want to win & Giants to lose to Ravens, so we can wrap up Division before we play philly week 17. I do NOT want it to come down to that game, but it could.

We could rest our starters week 17 & prepare for the #5 seed.

I do think IF we make the Playoffs, were going very far.  Further than most think in our forums.

Defense wins Championships is the mindset I've always had.

If we get in, were going to be very dangerous team to play. Rivera even said so, himself.

• Like 1