Week 16: Panthers at Football Team

turtle28

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is why sitting on your hands and all your cap space when you badly needed a #2 receiver ended up being so dumb. We’re now facing a situation where Cam Sims is our top receiver lol. 

Dont see how its dumb. Dan got to put all that cap money in his pocket.

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is why sitting on your hands and all your cap space when you badly needed a #2 receiver ended up being so dumb. We’re now facing a situation where Cam Sims is our top receiver lol. 

Well one thing we can’t forget is that they couldn’t  have predicted that Harmon would tear his ACL, that injury hurt us a lot.  

But, if they weren’t going to start Haskins all year & just go young/develop they should’ve signed a true #2 WR and even a reliable slot WR too as Cam/AGG/S. Sims & Wright developed behind them.

They totally screwed that up. I thought I understood why they were doing it at the time bc I thought the plan was to play and develop the young team w/ Haskins but Haskins screwed up & Rivera went for the division bc Haskins wasn’t doing the things he should’ve been.

Edited by turtle28

21 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s a tough dude!! I’ve been very critical in years past but always felt like he’s been huge here for the way he fights to be on the field. He’s gone against some great players and held his own he’s a seriously big dude. Heck of a player in the 3rd round!!!

I’ve been saying for years that health was his biggest problem. He couldn’t move in 2017, 2018 & 19 bc of his ankle & knee injuries which required surgeries after the season. I’m glad he lost weight this past offseason bc so think that helped him a lot.

Edited by turtle28

I wonder if AGG will be active for the game?

Maybe he can do something.

Inman hasn’t been active the last few games (coaches decision) I guess bc as Cam has emerged they need to have WRs who are better at sexual teams and that isn’t Inman.

If Terry can’t go, I bet we see Inman active again with Cam moved to Terry’s position to run more of the downfield routes. Then, Inman takes the intermediate routes like Cam usually does.

12 minutes ago, Troublez said:

All of you nervous Nelly's can just stop - I have two thirty racks in the fridge and the day off on Monday. 

I will once again "will this team forward" with a series of good luck chugs, shotguns, and beer slogging. Your welcome....

jim carrey yes GIF

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I’ll be totally shocked if we can win w/o them. This D can cover up for a lot but w/o those 3 it’s highly unlikely we even score near 20 pts.

My guess is that the Panthers are not trying to win at this point. Tepper and Co. are analytics to the extreme. In his book - a loss is a better chance of winning next year. 

Edited by Troublez

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

My guess is that the Panthers are not trying to win at this point. Tepper and Co. are analytics to the extreme. In his book - a loss is a better chance of winning next year. 

I would love that to be true. Watching the Lions lie down for the Bucs right now, and I’m reminded of the fact that eliminated teams do pretty much phone it in over the last couple weeks. We haven’t been in a position to worry about that for a long time, except commiserating about how pathetically we close out seasons. 

I sure haven’t seen any quit or tank in the Panthers to this point though. They put a bit of a scare in the Packers last week, and they fought their tails off. I’m really impressed with what Rhule has done there, I think they’ve got a chance with him.

It does look like they’re making some tank type moves from the standpoint of sitting guys though. With McCaffrey, Burns, and Okung basically ruled out, that’s a lot of their star power on the sidelines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Anytime a football player takes the field they are trying to win.