Week 16: Panthers at Football Team

turtle28

I know McLaurin was a bit beat up, but I didn't remember him getting hurt to the point of sitting. 

That is a huge loss.  Now the panthers defense has no true receiver that they need to key on.  I am guessing they watched some game tape from last two games and will instead try to take Thomas out of the picture as he is the next receiving target on the list.  At least one of these receivers is going to need to step up big time.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I know McLaurin was a bit beat up, but I didn't remember him getting hurt to the point of sitting. 

That is a huge loss.  Now the panthers defense has no true receiver that they need to key on.  I am guessing they watched some game tape from last two games and will instead try to take Thomas out of the picture as he is the next receiving target on the list.  At least one of these receivers is going to need to step up big time.  

I wonder if Gandy Golden will be active?

11 minutes ago, offbyone said:

He’s been sitting out Wednesday practice for weeks and limited the rest of the way. I think he’s probably pretty hobbled, he’s tough as nails.

But they probably should have done what I suggested and sat him last week to get him off that ankle and give it some time to heal. The Carolina game is the one, I’ve been saying that since mid-November. It was always going to come down to this one, and it’s frustrating to me that they’re going into it without their best player because they tried to keep him running him out there, especially against Seattle. When they really only needed to win one, it seems a shame that they have two young stars on offense and each of them will miss a different game instead of missing one game together and then coming back to play one together.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He’s been sitting out Wednesday practice for weeks and limited the rest of the way. I think he’s probably pretty hobbled, he’s tough as nails.

But they probably should have done what I suggested and sat him last week to get him off that ankle and give it some time to heal. The Carolina game is the one, I’ve been saying that since mid-November. It was always going to come down to this one, and it’s frustrating to me that they’re going into it without their best player because they tried to keep him running him out there, especially against Seattle. When they really only needed to win one, it seems a shame that they have two young stars on offense and each of them will miss a different game instead of missing one game together and then coming back to play one together.

You are right.  They probably should have sat him.  But maybe they felt that would have been really hanging Haskins out to dry with zero running game and zero receiving threats.  Although now it sounds like whoever is taking snaps will get half a running game and no receiver threat.  This is really going to be a tough game.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I wonder if Gandy Golden will be active?

If so I sure hope he has been active on the practice field.  

2 hours ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Give Carolina a win today to help my Cowboys,  then next week Smith leads the no names to a division title, and the playoffs.  

Yeah, not interested in helping America’s embarrassment from Dallas.

Edited by turtle28

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No faith in Haskins at all. Teddy B is not very good however so the defense should keep us in it. Not sure how I feel about this game....

I’ve been saying I’m apprehensive about it all week. I’m trying not to freak out. We haven’t been in such a big game since 2017.