Tomlin's been the problem, not Ben.

RamblinMan99

Just now, Starless said:

Okay, so you've said Tomlin is the problem but have offered no examples of how that's the case. 

It's the salt-brain, I know it! We've gotta figure this one out! This is BIGGER than the Pittsburgh Steelers!

• Like 3

Ben has a 6.2 YPA. He’s totally become a dink and dunker, and teams not respecting anything past 15 yards. 6.2 YPA is worse than most Rookie’s, who would usually have a Mid 6 YPA. 

6.2 also makes a TD-INT completely non-impressive, as anyone can have a good TD-INT Ratio with a 6.2 YPA. Not difficult to do. 

I’m not saying Ben is 2015 Peyton Manning, or terrible. He’s still a Top 20 QB IMO. And if the Steelers still had Bush and Dupree, I think they could still win the SB with Ben’s marginal play. However, with those two injuries, Ben would need to transform into a Top 10-12 QB pretty quick here. 

I think Tomlin has some strengths as a coach, like he's not outright awful, but he also has glaring weaknesses. He's had a pretty good year, and you could do worse if you needed a coach for a team, but I dunno...meh.

But Ben's a huge problem at this point. Both literally and figuratively.

4 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Tomlin has been the problem for a long time.  

We should have fired him years ago.   

It's the half-*** mentality he brings to a football team.  

He's the absolute master at bringing a team to a point where they're leagues ahead of everybody else in a season or a single game, and just blowing it all up due to inexcusable complacency.  

It's really funny for like the first couple of games that he's a legitimate head coach in the NFL, but it really pisses you off when he's been this way for years.  

Love how people are saying Ben's the problem after one bad game.  A month ago, they were saying that he was quietly having an MVP season.  

Now, they totally want to throw him in a dumpster fire (and it's really just because they don't like him personally).  

If last season taught you anything, it's that we desperately need Ben.  

We surely need him a lot more than we ever needed salt-brain Tomlin.  

Everybody always uses the excuse "But, he's never had a losing season."  

Newsflash: every season you miss the playoffs is a losing season.  Doesn't matter whether or not you were at or above 500.  

It's no different than the high school student who won the perfect attendance award or the president that never had any scandals. 

At the end of the day, that's a half-assed individual.  That's Tomlin.  

Y’all should definitely fire Tomlin and bring in another coach to help fix Ben. I’m sure that will work out well for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

i’m in the ben is mostly fine camp and i still think this thread is hot trash

we need to be able to ban dudes for awful takes 

You should get 3 strikes. Ramblinman has maybe 1-2 posts out of his 757 total that shouldn’t count as strikes. 

754 strikes should be the limit. 

Edited by QBIso
  • Like 4