Tomlin's been the problem, not Ben.

RamblinMan99

15 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Ben's last 5 games: 142/225 63.1% 1195 yards 5.3 YPA 8 TDs 6 Ints 77.5 PR

The fact that he's averaging 5.3 yards per attempt and hasn't had a game where he averaged over 6 yards per attempt in the last 5 games indicates to me that Ben is indeed part of the problem.

Not having a decent running game isn't doing Ben any favors either.

51 minutes ago, Malik said:

LOADED? ehhh don't know about that. They definitely underachieved in like 3 or 4 seasons, but not the whole decade

Yeah not getting to one Superbowl with Ben brown and bell is a massive underachievement. And they had elite offensive lines for most of that time.

What was the last impressive playoff win they had?  At what point does Mike Tomlin have to get back to the Superbowl? Or is just “not having a losing season” ok?

Edited by CP3MVP

12 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah not getting to one Superbowl with Ben brown and bell is a massive underachievement. And they had elite offensive lines for most of that time.

What was the last impressive playoff win they had?  At what point does Mike Tomlin have to get back to the Superbowl? Or is just “not having a losing season” ok?

I definitely agree that between 2014-2017 they underachieved. They barely beat the Bengals that 1 game because of how undisciplined they are

56 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

They haven’t been able to get to Labeau level defense. Always coming up small in big spots. That Jacksonville playoff game had Ben/Brown/Bell making some of their greatest ever plays but they still got beaten decisively. Then the recent NE AFC Championship in 2016-17. This year they have a championship caliber defense. They got to get the running game going to open up the middle of the field. It’s too much sideline to sideline and they can’t hit teams over the top because the O-line has fell off. They are not far off but winning in KC unlikely unless they can force turnovers early.

Edited by WheatieMan

I'm late on this thread... but Ben is the problem - and Ben's decline has been the reason that Tomlin's playcalling has fallen apart. He can only call what he is confident that his QB can do

Ben wasn't even that great earlier in the season tbh

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Has nothing to do with it.  

This game against Cincinnati was bad for him.  

The two games before that?  His receivers suddenly forgot how to catch the football.  

Ben has had to learn how to get rid of the football right after the snap, and he's adapted very well to that if you look at the whole season.  

Trust me, he's far from being our problem.  

So it's Tomlin's fault that the receivers forgot how to catch the football?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Tomlins had loaded teams for a decade and hasn’t been back to a Super Bowl. 

Super Bowl is a high bar though. He’s been to a Super Bowl more recently than Sean Payton, and the same amount as Reid, who went without making it 2005-2019.

I don’t think it’s fair to hold against Tomlin. Belichick is the only HC who made the SB consistently

• Like 3

13 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Super Bowl is a high bar though. He’s been to a Super Bowl more recently than Sean Payton, and the same amount as Reid, who went without making it 2005-2019.

I don’t think it’s fair to hold against Tomlin. Belichick is the only HC who made the SB consistently

Sean Payton is Overrated too. 3 straight 7-9 seasons with Drew Brees and choked in the playoffs the last 3 seasons in a row. 

I don’t put Reid In that category becayse he’s showing you what he can do with a HOF QB in his prime like Tomlin and Payton have had for a decade plus.  First year 12-4 all time offense and an overtime from the Superbowl. Second year 12-4 and title, 3rd year one loss and the overwhelming favorite for a ring this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Tomlin might be one of the most underrated coaches in league history.

Only by the dumbest of Pitts fans. It seems like everyone knows he’s good except for a subset of morons in the Pittsburgh fan base that want to drive him out. 

• Like 3