Tomlin's been the problem, not Ben.

RamblinMan99

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Mike Tomlin, down 2 scores, with the Colts getting the ball after half, just let the Colts burn like 45 secondso ff the clock instead of taking a timeout and giving his offense a minute+ to go get points.

I'm not saying fire Tomlin or anything, but if that isn't the highest level of coaching ineptitude, I have no idea what is.

Oh yeah, he has no sense of the clock whatsoever.  

Thank God he wasn't in a position where he had to start burning the timeouts in the 4th.  

He would have blown that big time.  

47 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Imagine having Mike Tomlin, a coach who's literally never had a losing season, and having a bitchfest about how he's not good enough.

Just because the team wins doesn't mean that the HC is great. As a Denver fan for years, I know. Elway took those 80's and early-90's Bronco teams to the playoffs five times (I won't count 1983 because he was in and out of the lineup as a rookie). And, it would have been seven if they didn't miss out on a tie-breaker in 85 (they were 11-5) and if Elway didn't get hurt in 1992 when the team was 7-3.

After Reeves left Denver, he only made the playoffs three times in eleven seasons as HC with the Giants and Atlanta.

I think it has been proven that Fitchner is the problem.  Can't make a game plan or call plays but he is Ben's friend.

I would also let Ben go in the off season.  Take the 22M hit.  The very best thing for the Steelers is for the salary cap to stay the same but even then they are in serious trouble.  They need to sign Watt and Fitz.  Keep this defense together and begin to rebuild.  Keeping Ben will make them lose a lot of good players.