Week 16 - GDT - Vikings (6-8) @ Saints (10-4)

Mid Iowa

Merry Christmas, Friends!!

Well if it isn't the ******* Vikings again. These guys really like to mess with our playoffs, don't they.

Folks, the Vikings are still pushing for a playoff spot, and the Saints have yet to clinch the division.

So we're at 10 wins, the Buccaneers are at 9, and we hold the tie-breaker over them. The Buccs play the Lions, and we host goldie locks. If the Saints win either this game, or next week at the Panthers, we win the division.

This is a game that needs focus, and a strong push from our defense to keep our tattered offense in the game. The Vikings Justin Jefferson has broken some Randy Moss rookie records, and is going to give our secondary fits right along with Adam Thielen, UNLESS our D line can get consistent pressure on Cousins, and our LB corps keeps Dalvin Cook at bay.

In stark contrast to that, our WR corps is more like corpse. The Saints signed rookie Juwan Johnson and veteran Tommylee Lewis to the 53-man roster and elevated practice squad receiver Lil’Jordan Humphrey. They're looking at bringing up Austin Carr as well. But basically, Emanuel Sanders is the #1, and we'll likely see a heavy dose of dumps to Kamara & crew.

What I'm personally hoping for is a rushing game of about 30 carries split between Murray and Kamara. Anything to keep that Minnesota offense off the field! The Vikings front 7 is just okay, but their offense worries me.

Let's have a nice, clinching Christmas gift today!

• Like 2

God I hate the ******* Vikings. Like I love Zimmer as a HC, but between them having our number and their whiny fanbase, I hate that team. Zimmer really knows how to get to Brees and make not play at his level.

However, we must put all that aside and treat this as a must win. If nothing else, we wrap up the division crown. This way, we can treat next week as a mini BYE, even if it means playing starters half a game (or as I would like, none of the game).

Smith I believe was put on IR too. Boy oh boy is this going to be tough to win, but alas we have to pull it off.

Also dear god Payton, run the bloody football. Feed Kamara and Murray early and often.

EDIT TO ADD: Also Merry Christmas @Mid Iowa and the rest of my fellow Who Dats on this site.

Edited by Canadian Saint
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

God I hate the ******* Vikings. Like I love Zimmer as a HC, but between them having our number and their whiny fanbase, I hate that team. Zimmer really knows how to get to Brees and make not play at his level.

I'm with you there.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Also dear god Payton, run the bloody football. Feed Kamara and Murray early and often.

Fairly confident we lose this game if we don't get Kamara heavily involved. Sucks we are missing some key players, but at least Kendricks will be out for the Vikings so I think this is the perfect opportunity to have Kamara have a monster game if we utilize him like we should.

Another guy I'm hoping plays well is Marquez Callaway really intrigued by him. He was starting to look like a solid option before getting hurt earlier this season. It sounds like he will be playing today so a perfect chance for him to bounce back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Another guy I'm hoping plays well is Marquez Callaway really intrigued by him. He was starting to look like a solid option before getting hurt earlier this season. It sounds like he will be playing today so a perfect chance for him to bounce back.

I was pretty high on him, too. I hope we get to see them start to put together some continuity in time for the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

What an opening drive!!

I know we've been a little hard on Ruiz, but both of Kamara's strongest runs, including his TD run, were off of Ruiz blocks. I think I'll hold further comments on his "poor play" until we see his sophomore season in full gear.

Ruiz is gonna be fine. He's going through rookie pains, even moreso by being out of position and no offseason. He's going to be a longterm member of this O-line next to McCoy and Ram.

• Like 1