What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

Man, I’m happy I got into Metallica this late because Hardwired to Self-Destruct and Death Magnetic are seriously legit albums and if I had been a Metallica fan before those, it seems like I might have been sucked into the negativity.  St. Anger is kinda crap though.  

I’ve been listening to them almost exclusively for going on two months now.  Favorite song of theirs is Whiskey in the Jar though.  Heard that somewhere and that’s what got me into them.  

EDIT: Makes me wonder what else I'm missing out there.  That literally causes me stress. 

I've tried Iron Maiden.  Never really got into them.  Am I missing out?
I've tried Megadeth.  Never really got into them.  Am I missing out?

Same for Judas Priest, Pantera, Tool, Motorhead (although I really like the vocals here), Anthrax?  Deep Purple? 

Edited by Outpost31

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yes

Not really

Same for Judas Priest, Pantera, Tool, Motorhead (although I really like the vocals here), Anthrax?  Deep Purple? 
Yes; absolutely not; not really; yes; no; yes

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Starless said:

hey, if you're into McTallica, you should listen to these guys

Will after work.  Biggest thing for me is vocals.  If the vocals get me, the music gets me.  You’ve tried before to recommend music and the vocals never got me, but I will listen.  

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, I’m happy I got into Metallica this late because Hardwired to Self-Destruct and Death Magnetic are seriously legit albums and if I had been a Metallica fan before those, it seems like I might have been sucked into the negativity.  St. Anger is kinda crap though.  

I’ve been listening to them almost exclusively for going on two months now.  Favorite song of theirs is Whiskey in the Jar though.  Heard that somewhere and that’s what got me into them.  

EDIT: Makes me wonder what else I'm missing out there.  That literally causes me stress. 

I mean, it depends on what you like.  I was a big Metallica fan for a long time, but I don't listen to them so much anymore.  Still like them though.  Not a big fan of any of the others there except Tool.  Love Tool, though their new song is pretty underwhelming.  Pantera is OK.

I guess if I'm recommending something to get into Tool, I'd recommend some of the earlier stuff.  Intolerance is a good one, so are both singles (Sober and Prison Sex).