What Song Are You Listening To?

D82

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

I like this version better. 

Meh. I love me some Metallica but Kirk failed to match the intensity of Phil's guitar on this cover. On the Thin Lizzy version the guitar riff is all up in your face. Not to mention that Phil took an Irish Limerick and created a masterpiece song out of it. Metallica just copied what already had been mastered. Not only is Phil Lynott an underrated master vocalist, but his musicianship is also vastly underrated. 

I always felt like Thin Lizzy was one of those underappreciated bands. All you ever hear played on the radio is "Boys are Back in Town" but there was so many masterpieces of music produced. Jailbreak, Dancing in the Moonlight, Cold Sweat, Bad Reputation are just so so good. Such an underrated band.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:05 PM, Shockwave said:

Meh. I love me some Metallica but Kirk failed to match the intensity of Phil's guitar on this cover. On the Thin Lizzy version the guitar riff is all up in your face. Not to mention that Phil took an Irish Limerick and created a masterpiece song out of it. Metallica just copied what already had been mastered. Not only is Phil Lynott an underrated master vocalist, but his musicianship is also vastly underrated. 

Certainly understand where you're coming from. I still prefer the cover though. Definitely a band that was in my ears as a young kid. My dad loved them and therefore so did I. Outside of the cover by Metallica I love all their other songs. Phil if he hadn't died might get a lot more accolades. I know James Hetfield worships him.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 8:10 PM, Shockwave said:

I always felt like Thin Lizzy was one of those underappreciated bands. All you ever hear played on the radio is "Boys are Back in Town" but there was so many masterpieces of music produced. Jailbreak, Dancing in the Moonlight, Cold Sweat, Bad Reputation are just so so good. Such an underrated band.

Cool Story on Thin Lizzy

• Like 1