Saints LB Kwon Alexander tears Achilles; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

Crap, sorry to hear. This is a quease-inducing injury.

Anytime I hear about an Achilles tear I remember how Dan Marino described the injury as feeling like a snake is inside your leg flesh, slithering upward after the tension releases from the previously taut tendon. SHUDDER VOMIT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

This sucks for him in all ways except that the Saints can’t cut him now without an injury settlement. They were going to save $13+ million by outright cutting him and now that isn’t on the table. 

Aren't those typically minor? He doesn't have an injury guarantee next year, I'm pretty sure

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aren't those typically minor? He doesn't have an injury guarantee next year, I'm pretty sure

Under normal circumstances an injury settlement is done during the season and requires the team to pay for how ever many weeks it takes to recover from the injury. In this case you now have to take into consideration recovery time and how much the player thinks they can make on the open market. If they’re open to bringing him back once healthy that might go a long way to making it easier. However they might be in the process of trying to clear approx. $85 in salary so who knows what tricks they have up their sleeves.