Raiders v. Dolphins GDT.

Totty

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We definitely could have used Mariota's mobility in packages today. We also could have used targets to ruggs, moreau, and jacobs in critical situations instead of booker. See what I'm getting at 😪

I’m all About bringing MM in for some specific packages.... specifically red zone.  I said that in training camp !  I thought we should have been doing that all season.

but yes we criminally under use our offensive talent.

To be honest I’ve thought the play calling has been mediocre at best even when we were hot.  No creativity..... we don’t threaten the Defense like other teams QBs threaten us..... and That’s all on Gruden not at all On carr

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Playing Witten over him is just a God awful abomination. 

It’s not just that Witten sucks and is literally not physically capable of running the routes we called for him..... it’s so much more awful because Moreau is a really fine young TE and is being held Back

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We kicked 4 FGs below 40 yards. Carr had his moments but left too many points on the board

Too many Redzone failures from Carr in which a more mobile QB scores in. We should of won this game 10+ points

We did and that is driving me crazy but that falls on Grudens play calling also.  If Carr can be more decisive with his runs I think that helps out a lot.  He does not have to be Mariota or Jackson when he runs but not hesitating would make a big difference.

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lamar is such a fraud and the moment he loses a step he is a backup QB at best.  He's clearly low IQ, one read, inaccurate QB who can't read a D if his life depended on it.  The guy is such a joke. I assure you he will never win a SB as your starter....  

"Low IQ QB." Gave yourself away my guy 😂

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

We kicked 4 FGs below 40 yards. Carr had his moments but left too many points on the board

Too many Redzone failures from Carr in which a more mobile QB scores in. We should of won this game 10+ points

How is this his fault? He's injured. If anything, blame Gruden. This is the #1 defense in the NFL in PPG. Carr helped put up nearly 350 yards, a rush TD, and a pass TD. He drove the team into the redzone several times, where his "HOF" coach let him down. 

Fans expect perfection and elite play from a qb who is not elite (there are maybe 3 in the NFL right now), injured, and playing against the #1 defense in the NFL. 

I have a hard time looking back on 90% of the team losses thinking "man if we just got better qb play we would have eked this out". Do you?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

One thing that is driving me crazy this year is Carr underthrowing Ruggs on a consistent basis.  You are always faster when you are chasing something and that is why Ruggs seems to not get as much separation as expected on deep throws.  Put the ball out in front of him and let him chase it.  There is no reason for a back shoulder throw with someone that fast.

In fairness, how many receivers are that fast in the league? He hits Agholor in stride but not Ruggs. Again they need more time to develop chemistry. Downfield shots are the hardest plays to hit. If they have an offseason or so together (OTA's, training camp, even before that in Bakersfield) , I feel like they'll start connecting a LOT more.

33 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

"Low IQ QB." Gave yourself away my guy 😂

You clearly do not understand football if you disagree with me.  I have no clue what "gave yourself away" means but Jackson is clearly low IQ. 

Do you even watch him play and can you comprehend what he is seeing, or in his case not seeing while playing the QB position?   Lamar will never be more than a one read, take off and run Qb.  The window for these type of QB's success is very limited and bound by athletic ability.  I assure you Jackson will not be a starting QB in the NFL by the age 32. 

Look at his wonderlic score hahaha .  I think an average 15 year old HS student can score a 13 and you have confidence in a player like that leading your squad.  The second he loses a half a step he is a clipboard holder  LOL

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How is this his fault? He's injured. If anything, blame Gruden. This is the #1 defense in the NFL in PPG. Carr helped put up nearly 350 yards, a rush TD, and a pass TD. He drove the team into the redzone several times, where his "HOF" coach let him down. 

Fans expect perfection and elite play from a qb who is not elite (there are maybe 3 in the NFL right now), injured, and playing against the #1 defense in the NFL. 

I have a hard time looking back on 90% of the team losses thinking "man if we just got better qb play we would have eked this out". Do you?

Happens more than just in the RZ too. 

Carr did what was needed to win a game while playing on what I have to assume is a bum groin. He's a tough SOB. And he's plenty talented enough. 

Anyone who thinks it's his fault we lost has clearly never played a down, coached a down, and simply "wants" their draft crush like a bunch of fan girls who think 04 Madden Vick was an actual player. 

• Like 2

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Happens more than just in the RZ too. 

Carr did what was needed to win a game while playing on what I have to assume is a bum groin. He's a tough SOB. And he's plenty talented enough. 

Anyone who thinks it's his fault we lost has clearly never played a down, coached a down, and simply "wants" their draft crush like a bunch of fan girls who think 04 Madden Vick was an actual player. 

Haha spot on.  Clueless fans who have no idea about football.  Carr is not even close to the issue with he squad of bums on this roster.

Sadly I feel like we will be stuck with Gruden for years.  Mark Davis is....  well Mark Davis and he has a crush on Gruden for whatever reason. 

No respectable coach, young talented coach would or their agents would ever let them coach here because who wants to go to a team that has been a graveyard for coaches and players for over 30 years.  This team has to prove that they are not a complete dumpster fire, which they never do and every year they always make me look like I am the Oracle, which makes me sad.  I can't wait for the year they prove me wrong but so far I just stick to my guns and sadly they never disappoint.  

For all of those homer fans you speak about, can you imagine if we moved on from Carr and traded up for Tua like @BayRaider wanted.  We would be picking top 3 in this draft and be saddled with a bum Qn that would set this franchise back years.  Tua is exactly who I said he was and I love every second of it.  The talking head shills on TV still don't get it and that makes me love it even more because they are either paid to pump the trash that Tua is some eilte talent or they really understand nothing about football.  Either way it's sad. 

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha spot on.  Clueless fans who have no idea about football.  Carr is not even close to the issue with he squad of bums on this roster.

Sadly I feel like we will be stuck with Gruden for years.  Mark Davis is....  well Mark Davis and he has a crush on Gruden for whatever reason. 

No respectable coach, young talented coach would or their agents would ever let them coach here because who wants to go to a team that has been a graveyard for coaches and players for over 30 years.  This team has to prove that they are not a complete dumpster fire, which they never do and every year they always make me look like I am the Oracle, which makes me sad.  I can't wait for the year they prove me wrong but so far I just stick to my guns and sadly they never disappoint.  

.  We would be picking top 3 in this draft and be saddled with a bum Qn that would set this franchise back years.  Tua is exactly who I said he was and I love every second of it.  The talking head shills on TV still don't get it and that makes me love it even more because they are either paid to pump the trash that Tua is some eilte talent or they really understand nothing about football.  Either way it's sad. 

Appreciate your passion but let's not be tagging members to push a point. I don't want to play this game I'm working hard enough to keep this forum clean while the team is a clown show on the field.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Appreciate your passion but let's not be tagging members to push a point. I don't want to play this game I'm working hard enough to keep this forum clean while the team is a clown show on the field.

Haha.  He was just relentless about how Tua was this elite, can't miss stud and how we need to move on from Carr and trade up for him.  

Believe it or not I actually respect a lot of his points and we have both dished it out to each other over the last few years.  When it comes to his takes on QB's though... yikes.

I'll stop calling him out but I just want him to admit I was right, which I clearly am :)

Edited by Frankie2Gunz