Raiders v. Dolphins GDT.

Totty

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha.  He was just relentless about how Tua was this elite, can't miss stud and how we need to move on from Carr and trade up for him.  

Believe it or not I actually respect a lot of his points and we have both dished it out to each other over the last few years.  When it comes to his takes on QB's though... yikes.

I'll stop calling him out but I just want him to admit I was right, which I clearly am :)

You’re right because Tua has had like 9 career games...? You can’t be serious.

Dude, you are a full on narcissist. 

I don’t judge Rookie QBs at all, plus you are not even correct that Tua has been bad. He’s had two really bad games, but overall a pretty good rookie season. 

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree about Guenther but I am not going to take anything away from Carr with this game.  He missed some plays but he still had a good game.

No he didn’t. Without that one throw to Agholor, Carr had a horrendous game. Waller kept bailing him out over and over. He kept making horrendous 3rd down decisions. And he couldn’t scramble due to his injury. We stalled tons of drives because of Carr. I’ve given Carr kudos in many games this year; but this ain’t it man. He was bad tonight. 

49 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

In fairness, how many receivers are that fast in the league? He hits Agholor in stride but not Ruggs. Again they need more time to develop chemistry. Downfield shots are the hardest plays to hit. If they have an offseason or so together (OTA's, training camp, even before that in Bakersfield) , I feel like they'll start connecting a LOT more.

I understand.  That was one of my points about Justin Jefferson being a better pick than Ruggs was Ruggs getting hurt in the offseason killed his chances of building chemistry with Carr.  That deep shot to Ruggs would have been a TD if Carr just puts it out there a little more.  This critique does not mean Carr sucks either.  It is a small aspect to his overall game but it diminishes Ruggs' value.  If they can get on the same page on the deep ball that will open up so much for Ruggs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’re right because Tua has had like 9 career games...? You can’t be serious.

Dude, you are a full on narcissist. 

I don’t judge Rookie QBs at all, plus you are not even correct that Tua has been bad. He’s had two really bad games, but overall a pretty good rookie season. 

8 starts this season, benched twice in the middle of a game for career castoff Fitz and has averaged 180 passing YPG and 1 TD per game and that is a "pretty good" rookie season yet you still pound the table about how Carr has not played well all season and that we need to move on.  I hope you can now see that Tua is a bum like I have said from day one.  I see nothing abover average about any aspect of his game and that is why I have been so confidant in what I have been saying all along.  Yeah I am calling him bum/ bust during his rookie season just like I did with countless other QB's including Winston, MM, Darnold, Rosen....  The list goes on and on.

It's called the eye test and I have a keen eye and you clearly do not.  It's also really understanding football and most fans have no clue what they're watching. 

Either you're a hypocrite or you really don't understand much about Qb play.  Which is it? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

No he didn’t. Without that one throw to Agholor, Carr had a horrendous game. Waller kept bailing him out over and over. He kept making horrendous 3rd down decisions. And he couldn’t scramble due to his injury. We stalled tons of drives because of Carr. I’ve given Carr kudos in many games this year; but this ain’t it man. He was bad tonight. 

one of the waller passes that was one handed, so im sure youre counting it as a bail out, was an absolute dime of a pass. but the defender grabbed waller. shouldve been a flag, but of course wasnt. 

the throw was absolute money though. So REALLY hoping youre not counting that as a bail out, since it was one handed. 

Pass was beautiful. 

Also, guess what, weve said all along get some weapons and Carr will look better. Waller is a player, and Carr feeds him thats what I want Carr to do. give your best player the ball.
people get mad that Carr doesnt give his guys chances - now he is just getting bailed out when he does lol
also, you cant just take away the agholor throw - another dime - off a scramble to extend the play. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand.  That was one of my points about Justin Jefferson being a better pick than Ruggs was Ruggs getting hurt in the offseason killed his chances of building chemistry with Carr.  That deep shot to Ruggs would have been a TD if Carr just puts it out there a little more.  This critique does not mean Carr sucks either.  It is a small aspect to his overall game but it diminishes Ruggs' value.  If they can get on the same page on the deep ball that will open up so much for Ruggs.

Ruggs gotta got get that and he had 2 hands on it...that’s why carr ignores him plus hr3 runs lazy routes his speed isn’t getting him separation 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I did not say he had a bad game but he did what was needed to win.  There are aspects I would change but I will not fault a player for being limited by an injury.  That is on the coaching staff to make a change.  If you have a QB that accounts for 2 TDs, no TOs, and 330+yards passing that is a good game.  If he got the TD in garbage time I would say it does not count but he did it to give us the lead late in the 4th.  You can not discount that.  The offense should have put up more points but that does not mean he was trash.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

105 QBR, 336 and 2 TD's and you call that a terrible game?  If Carr was terrible what adjective would you use to describe your can't miss "future HOFer" Tua tonight?  LOL

also id add, we were playing a very good D - so id expect Carr to struggle a little?? is that not fair??
youve been saying for weeks that miami would spank us - but Carr had us in position to win. Loss is not on him.

also - our D is terrible. prob bottom 5 in nfl
Tua was 17/22 for 94 yards --- 

94 yards 

9 fricken 4 on 22 attempts
on our brutal D

--
lol youd be all over Carr for dumping off if he ever had a statline like that.
but youre saying Carr had the worst game of the season for any qb without the pass the agholor??

maybe look at the qb who was benched

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree. I don't know that Ruggs was the best WR for Carr. I thought it was Lamb or Jeudy for different reasons. Jefferson has clearly taken another step in the NFL along with being with a qb who is not afraid to force feed him. Only time will tell if that connection can hit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ruggs gotta got get that and he had 2 hands on it...that’s why carr ignores him plus hr3 runs lazy routes his speed isn’t getting him separation 

I thought he should of had it also but when you watch it in slow motion the defender hi  his arm as he was going up and caused the ball to hit him on the back side of the hand.  If he does not hit him early he catches it.  Ruggs did a good job of slowing down and high pointing the ball.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

105 QBR, 336 and 2 TD's and you call that a terrible game?  If Carr was terrible what adjective would you use to describe your can't miss "future HOFer" Tua tonight?  LOL

Stop looking at stats. Carr was bad tonight. For all the reasons I just explained. Was he absolutely atrocious awful? No. But he was bad. 

A lot of these Raider Fans in here don’t live in reality and the bias runs deep. Nobody in NFL Gen, and no non-raider thinks Carr had a remotely average game. 

If you wanna call out Carr’s good games, you also need to call out his bad ones. And don’t give me the Atlanta game bs. Atlanta was a horrendous game. This was just a normal bad game. 

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha.  He was just relentless about how Tua was this elite, can't miss stud and how we need to move on from Carr and trade up for him.  

Believe it or not I actually respect a lot of his points and we have both dished it out to each other over the last few years.  When it comes to his takes on QB's though... yikes.

I'll stop calling him out but I just want him to admit I was right, which I clearly am :)

I see where you're coming from but I'd prefer that the "calling out" remains civil if there at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Box score baller except where it counts 3rd down and redzone. Tua looked like a young version of carr tho with all those check downs

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Box score baller except where it counts 3rd down and redzone. Tua looked like a young version of carr tho with all those check downs

Yep Carr box score warrior. He stalled so many drives. Would not scramble. Bad 3rd down decisions constantly. Bailed out by Waller often or I doubt we score more than 10 points. 

I’ve given Carr praise on many good games this year, and these homer fans want to pretend like that was a good game? What in the world. It wasn’t even an average game. It was bad. Not horrible but pretty bad.