Jump to content

Raiders v. Dolphins GDT.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

5 trips inside the Dolphins 25 and come away with 4 FGs and 1 TD. 

Gruden post game was making excuses, calling the final play/penalty "horrific" while not accounting for the fact his conservative BS offense could have put it away early. 

That end sequence before half.... Carr is dialed in, he marches you into scoring position you call a run play with Richard and a short pass to Witten on 3rd? Terrible play calling. 

Gruden has played not to loose all season and it has not worked once. His reasoning for kicking a FG vs. scoring TD at the end of the game was because of the KC game and them marching for a TD. Get out of here with that pathetic excuse.... Mahomes doesn't play for the Dolphins, they were down 3 WRs and the defense was making stops all game. Make them score a TD to beat you. 

haha trust me I 100% agree.
my post was more of, IF gruden figures out some basic play calling we could really improve fast

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Why are we so against just playing man defense. Cover 2 zone with 2 inexperience players was begging for a disaster. 3 mam deep, man defense was just to much to ask for. 

Our starting cb (Arnette) has just one hand. But I hate zone personally just guys looking at the qb ignoring their assignments 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Our starting cb (Arnette) has just one hand. But I hate zone personally just guys looking at the qb ignoring their assignments 

I’ve been saying our CBs suck on zone over and over.  They are press man covers and we need to play them as such.  This extends to who we hire as a DC.  We absolutely shouldn’t hire a DC with a zone scheme!!! 
the other thing is if we had a Decent FS and not Dallin Leavitt or I.Johnson coming in for one play then some of these zone problems with CBs not passing off receivers effectively to the S would get covered  or not exist at all.

The main thing is we have aggressive press man CBs who become tentative and looK to be playing scared in zone.  We spent #40 and #17 on starting CBs and can’t afford to just phase them out.  
 

Bring in a quality FS and backup S.... add a quality 3T DT and 3rd DE/pass Rusher who has speed to compliment Crosby/ Ferrell/ Nassib/ and possibly Key..... and a quality DC who can run a press man coverage scheme...... and the results will be astonishing.

In many aspects of life/business the greatest returns/improvements come from a few major changes (DT FS DC).... they should get us to The point were A midlevel or slightly better defense.  Then the next advances are either expensive and/or much smaller.... those being LB and sCB.  But for next year adding a good defensive coordinator and a FS + DT will Yield substantial results.  The fine tunning of the defensive roster will come in ‘21.

Also.... and it’s a big also.... we need to move Greg Olsen to QB coach and take away play calling responsibilities from Gruden and bring in a OC..... or at least bring in a passing game coordinator to Either call Plays or help call plays.  Gruden’s play calling has been horrible at Times but also Where is the creativity he had in his first run with us?  IT was a Long time Ago but I remember him brining in some really innovative plays like that shuttle pass draw to Charlie Garner that would gash the defense every time.  We really have no intermediate passing game outside of Waller, who is insanely talented btw- what a beast.  Even Waller is being held back by the play calling IMO.  We should be targeting him on way more deep and intermediate routes.  We should be running way more Drag Routes to Agholor and Ruggs.  The offense did play very well At points but overall we are not coming close to Optimizing the talent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’ll rewatch the all 22, but I’m puzzled to as to how people blame the rz on anyone but gruden. Not your hobbled starting qb. His calls have been a joke as of late. An absolute embarrassment.

Josh on one play I almost ripped down my tv off the wall cause he casually attacked the hole and got stopped for a loss. Josh’s injuries has made him even slower. Imo that why he disappeared for half the game. He’s hurt. Booker should’ve been used more especially short yardage situations. Also mm completed almost every 4th down vs sd last week. This week on 4th down not as much success. Mm also got a td his first drive iirc this week back to 3 n out to start the game for the 5th week in a row.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maybe. But does he hit Agholor for the TD?

Carr shouldn't even be mentioned. Every game he gives us a chance to win. A chance that the defense and coach are more than happy to piss away.

This exactly. Couldn't have put it any better 😀 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I’ll rewatch the all 22, but I’m puzzled to as to how people blame the rz on anyone but gruden. Not your hobbled starting qb. His calls have been a joke as of late. An absolute embarrassment.

Doesn’t take all 22 tape to know that It’s on Gruden.... I could tell the play would fail as soon as they lined up in the formation.

how Is anyone blaming Carr?  He played hurt like the warrior he’s always been— he’s missed like 3 games ever and even broke a bone in his back and missed 1 game! 
so yeah he wasn’t that mobile last night with the injury but he certainly was clutch throwing the ball when he needed to be.  
 

I know mariota is exciting and his running could be useful ..... but he isn’t making those throws that Carr does and did last night.  MM is very inaccurate at times and that always comes to bite him in the end—- just like his INT that cost the game.

on a very injured groin Carr went at the leagues best defense and put us in position to win.... what more do you guys want?

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see how you don't dial up a few option plays for Mariota. Makes no sense how that was never an option to even create a spark or big play chance. They must have practiced some of it over the week just in case Carr couldn't go and we didn't try a single QB option. Its 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and we either A) run it up the middle or B) Throw a rollout to Witten. Crazy

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Doesn’t take all 22 tape to know that It’s on Gruden.... I could tell the play would fail as soon as they lined up in the formation.

how Is anyone blaming Carr?  He played hurt like the warrior he’s always been— he’s missed like 3 games ever and even broke a bone in his back and missed 1 game! 
so yeah he wasn’t that mobile last night with the injury but he certainly was clutch throwing the ball when he needed to be.  
 

I know mariota is exciting and his running could be useful ..... but he isn’t making those throws that Carr does and did last night.  MM is very inaccurate at times and that always comes to bite him in the end—- just like his INT that cost the game.

on a very injured groin Carr went at the leagues best defense and put us in position to win.... what more do you guys want?

 

Points...td’s To be precise 

also maybe not starting the game with our usual offensive 3 n out to gift the defense a short field to defend.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Josh on one play I almost ripped down my tv off the wall cause he casually attacked the hole and got stopped for a loss. Josh’s injuries has made him even slower. Imo that why he disappeared for half the game. He’s hurt. Booker should’ve been used more especially short yardage situations. Also mm completed almost every 4th down vs sd last week. This week on 4th down not as much success. Mm also got a td his first drive iirc this week back to 3 n out to start the game for the 5th week in a row.

Josh is definitely playing hurt and the OL isn’t nearly what it was last year with incognito and a good Trent Brown.

Dating back to the preseason and even offseason I said we should have packages for MM to come in and use his legs.... roll outs to Waller/etc.... RPOs.... etc

Gruden failed to integrate MM into the offense all season.  Maybe it was cuz he was out to begin the season but there’s no excuse for Not doing it by midseason.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Points...td’s To be precise 

also maybe not starting the game with our usual offensive 3 n out to gift the defense a short field to defend.

 

So Miami’s #1 defense should just be shredded left and right for you to be happy?  There #1 for a Reason.  Yes we should have scored more in the redZone But that’s a small complaint on Carr.  
 

Carr plays well enough to make the playoffs.  Our Defense and play calling is what kept us out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I just don't see how you don't dial up a few option plays for Mariota. Makes no sense how that was never an option to even create a spark or big play chance. They must have practiced some of it over the week just in case Carr couldn't go and we didn't try a single QB option. Its 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and we either A) run it up the middle or B) Throw a rollout to Witten. Crazy

Agreed. Nothing wrong with using mariota in some packages. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

So Miami’s #1 defense should just be shredded left and right for you to be happy?  There #1 for a Reason.  Yes we should have scored more in the redZone But that’s a small complaint on Carr.  
 

Carr plays well enough to make the playoffs.  Our Defense and play calling is what kept us out.

Meh I slightly agree with carr played well enough. Seems like every year he has a meltdown game at the most crucial moment of the season (December). Last year it was the jets this year atl. That’s not on the coaches that’s on carr imo. He played well (top 3 early but 15-20 later) but he always does that gruden, del rio etc etc it doesn’t matter that’s carr imo. And he’s shown us year after year after year. I need more than that in my qb.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Doesn’t take all 22 tape to know that It’s on Gruden.... I could tell the play would fail as soon as they lined up in the formation.

how Is anyone blaming Carr?  He played hurt like the warrior he’s always been— he’s missed like 3 games ever and even broke a bone in his back and missed 1 game! 
so yeah he wasn’t that mobile last night with the injury but he certainly was clutch throwing the ball when he needed to be.  
 

I know mariota is exciting and his running could be useful ..... but he isn’t making those throws that Carr does and did last night.  MM is very inaccurate at times and that always comes to bite him in the end—- just like his INT that cost the game.

on a very injured groin Carr went at the leagues best defense and put us in position to win.... what more do you guys want?

 

Ran out of 'likes'  but totally agree with this. Mariota is flashy but he's not a good QB, maybe we should have put him in in sone special packages to threaten with the run but Carr certainly gave us the game best chance to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As Carr has improved since his injuries it has exposed Gruden's inability to call a good game.  He has very little diversity in his play calling.  HIs affinity towards vets is also holding us back.  Witten over Moreau is pathetic.  We have also been held back by deficiencies many of us saw since before the season started.  I said this a few years ago and caught a lot criticism for it but I still believe that I could take posters from Footballs Future and do a better job than our front office.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...