Opinions

onejayhawk

This is an On the Clock draft. I drafted the Cowboys to see what the machine cranked out for the Chiefs. Assuming QB is not a priority position, how does this look?

9: R1 P9 CB Patrick Surtain II - Alabama
41: R2 P9 C Trey Hill - Georgia
73: R3 P9 S Trevon Moehrig - TCU
98: R3 P34 EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo - Vanderbilt
111: R4 P9 EDGE Isaiah Thomas - Oklahoma
136: R4 P34 OT Dillon Radunz - North Dakota State
152: R5 P11 WR Trevon Grimes - Florida
176: R5 P35 CB Tariq Castro-Fields - Penn State

Would have to know who else was available at each pick.

Surtain at 9 is solid. But could go a different direction, too. I think I prefer Farley and JOK at the moment.

The Hill pick really doesn’t make any sense. I will be absolutely shocked if we draft interior OL in the top-50.

Moehrig is a steal there. Hard to imagine there was a better player on the board, because it’s hard to imagine him actually falling that far on draft day.

4 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Tell me that after today's game.

We're dealing with a lot of injuries. 

When healthy:

Tyron Smith - Connor Williams - Tyler Biadasz - Zack Martin - La'el Collins

with Connor McGovern, Brandon Knight, Joe Looney and Cam Erving as backups is solid. 

• Like 1

Right now a lot depends upon the outlook for Martin and Collins.. I have little hope for Smith but if medical seems to say two of those three will be back 100% then OL should not be a draft option in first 4 rounds.   I would like LB DT to take 2-3 or the first 4 rounds with "best" game changing defender with the first pick no mater position. I would wait safety round 4-5. 

IT is just so frustrating as it is hard to really tell what is up with our LB core. IT needs 2 quality playmakers to add in but I am not ready to accept that Smith and LVE have dropped so much off the table they have both shown that they can be extremely high quality players  even pro bowl level in the past, But yes right now BOTH of them are JUNK.. and the main weakness of our D. 

49 minutes ago, D82 said:

We're dealing with a lot of injuries. 

When healthy:

Tyron Smith - Connor Williams - Tyler Biadasz - Zack Martin - La'el Collins

with Connor McGovern, Brandon Knight, Joe Looney and Cam Erving as backups is solid. 

This is the 2nd year in a row 3 of those names missed some time (Smith, Martin, Collins), I believe.

When the "injury=multiple missed games" begins to pile up in consecutive years, it's time to draft a replacement. Maybe not for immediate starting, but soon.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

This is the 2nd year in a row 3 of those names missed some time (Smith, Martin, Collins), I believe.

When the "injury=multiple missed games" begins to pile up in consecutive years, it's time to draft a replacement. Maybe not for immediate starting, but soon.

This is not accurate about Zach Martin and La’El Collins.

• Like 1