Week 6 - @ Jets, Jets yearly SB week

tonyto36

Some guy on ESPN in regards to Gilmore being inactive (which is weird considering he practiced full all week):

I'm very suspicious about this concussion. Gilmore was active at all the practices despite having headaches ... and we know this because ... a team "source" leaked it to an ESPN reporter?

Really.

Somewhere on that tight-lipped Patriots organization there is someone willing to risk his job and invoke Belichick's wrath and anger? If there's one thing Belichick keeps utter control over, it's the injury report. Nothing goes out to the media without Bill okaying it.

Meanwhile ... Mike Reiss the local reporter never hears a word about it the entire time. The local guy who's at every practice and speaks with the team all week ... he has to get the info on the injury from some other ESPN reporter. Which is not to take anything away from Josina Anderson. She's apparently a very good NFL reporter with excellent sources. HOWEVER ... she's based in NY. Which means that someone from the Patriots had to pick up the phone, call Anderson, and drop the dime on Gilmore's concussion. Think about that for a minute.

Belichick is MANIC about the injury reports. They are one of his most closely guarded secrets. So some player or coach or team employee is going to pick up the phone and call Josina? And Bill's gonna read about it online? And that source has just potentially lost his job?

It doesn't make sense.

Also, the "team source" has to be the one that points out the play where the concussion happened? This makes Mike Reiss' complete inability to have sussed this out even more baffling. If there was an *obvious* hit on Gilmore to the head ... how did no other reporter including Reiss not notice this? (And why wasn't Gilmore given concussion protocol after the play?)

Nope. The only way a "team source" decides to pick up the phone and call Josina and just tell her that Gilmore has been having headaches ... is if Bill told that "team source" to do just that.

Look at this way ... Bill has to be extremely frustrated and disappointed with Gilmore. He's been awful. And he's been so bad that other defensive players have been all but naming him as the "turd in the punch bowl." As the guy who "doesn't get it." Brady and several defensive players have been talking about "players" not having the right attitude.

It's pretty clear they've been talking about Gilmore. Not only does he stink, but he does't even look like he's trying half the time. He gives up on plays. He's clearly not very smart and doesn't know where he's supposed to be if the Pats ever play zone ... and they like to play zone a lot. Simply benching Gilmore limits Belichick's ability to fill his secondary roster with another player or two.

I'm willing to bet a small pile of money that Gilmore was told he's sitting. He was told he has headaches. He has a concussion. I'm sure Bill is sick of Gilmore unable to "do his job." And if there's one thing that Bill hates more than players who can't do their job, is players who can't do their job and have attitude ... and are not smart. This is Gilmore. Unable to execute. Not smart. And attitude. (I mean, look at how little patience Bill has had with players that actually have TALENT, but who've exhibited some attitude. He sits them. Or he gets rid of them.) 

I could be wrong ... but I don't think I am. Look for Gilmore to sit until he either finally gets it ... or Bill sends him packing to Cleveland. And given how badly Gilmore has played and how little football IQ he's exhibited ... my money is on Gilmore playing elsewhere by the time Turkey Day rolls around.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I thought they'd give Harris a run against a team he knows. Why is he even on this team? Waste of a spot.

Players seem to like him a lot. He is probably just being kept around to mentor. BB must really respect his football IQ to use a roster spot on a player coach who gets healthy inactives 

Archived