WFT Santa Wish 2020

e16bball

19 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Kyle Pitts since QB isn’t allowed I might as well get the next great player to dominate his position.

When I announce my choice, you’ll see that we had a similar thought process. I get scared of projecting certainty in prospects, even awesome prospects —and with one wish I would really want a sure thing — but if he pans out to be on that rare elite level of TE play, he could be one of the most valuable guys out there with his youth and rookie contract.

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

When I announce my choice, you’ll see that we had a similar thought process. I get scared of projecting certainty in prospects, even awesome prospects —and with one wish I would really want a sure thing — but if he pans out to be on that rare elite level of TE play, he could be one of the most valuable guys out there with his youth and rookie contract.

I considered incoming Rooks but 3 of the 5 players I considered in the class non QB didn't play this year and it hard to know how they handled year off yet

• Like 1

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Oops missed that part! 🤦‍♂️ 

Derek Henry, which many of us didn’t want to take in the 2016 draft bc we wanted to re-sign Alfred Morris. 

Henry is an interesting one for me. He’s a complete beast, and the interesting thing about him is that he can basically carry an offense on his back — which no other player but a QB can really do. In a vacuum, he’s a very appealing non-QB choice to start a franchise with.

But I kinda like where we are at RB. We’re young, we’re cheap, we’re versatile. I’d love to add an upgrade on Barber as the Thunderback (when does Gus Edwards come free from the Ravens), but I like the Gibson/McKissic duo and what we’re able to do with them. 

18 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Fine I’ll settle for Mo Allie Cox.  Yes I know he’s not as elite as other options but it makes me happy ok. 

I really want them to sign Mo for you. And for us, because I think he’d be a solid, affordable upgrade at the TE position. His skill set actually complements Logan Thomas quite well, and I think there’s a shot it could happen — they clearly like bringing home local guys, and he fits the “room left to grow” concept they appeared to favor in FA this past season at least. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

My choice is Darius Leonard!

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Devin White. 

Both really good picks. Young LBs on team friendly contracts that upgrade probably the weakest unit on the team. Speed is absolutely needed in that group, in my book, and those guys can both run and hit with the best of them.

I actually think Leonard is the better player, but White might be the more valuable asset because it’s just so hard to find true 4-3 MLBs. Getting Bostic off the field would be a big win for us — but surrounding him with two OLBs who can really run (especially a playmaker like Leonard) would be a big improvement as well. 

29 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I get that because he’s missed games and I def worry about a lanky guy holding up especially with the volume and way he attacks the ball. While I tend to look at value and the other skill sets at a position throughout a draft I tend not to value one player this high. But this guys got things I’ve just never seen from a player his height and he just plays very hard I think he’s as good as you’ll see at this position coming out. 

For my pick, I went through a lot of different options. 

I started out thinking I would go with a young LT. Mekhi Becton or Jedrick Wills or even my guy Penei Sewell were my top options there. But as I thought about it, watching how they do things offensively, I’m not sure they need a big dominant LT. The way they design the offense to move horizontally and get the ball out quickly, it’s not as crucial to have a guy who can drive his man forward and hold up for 4-5 seconds in pass protection. They’ve been okay with Cornelius Lucas there, so I kinda feel like “solid” would be fine there. 

I also obviously thought about WR. I consider WR2 to be one of the biggest needs on the team, followed pretty closely by slot WR. So I spent some time thinking about which WR I’d want, with Deandre Hopkins and Tyreek Hill toward the top of the list. But then I thought about the deep FA class and the even deeper class of quality WR prospects in the draft, and it seems like we’ll have a chance to get one or two the old-fashioned way. Do we really need to use Santa’s magic there? I figured not. 

I also thought about LB and FS. But the defense is already by far the strength of the team, I didn’t think I could continue to give to the rich and ignore the needy. 

Which really left me with one option. Well...two options. Travis Kelce or George Kittle. To me, there’s no other position in the league where you have two guys that are so clearly head and shoulders over everybody else. It’s also a position where the salary is still comparatively pretty low compared to the impact the elite players have on their teams.

Those two guys change the game for their offenses, and unlike just about every other position aside from QB, they affect all 3 aspects of the offensive attack — the run game (as excellent blockers), the short passing game, and the downfield passing game. Between the two, I decided based on age. 

Happy George Kittle GIF by San Francisco 49ers

• Like 3

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

For my pick, I went through a lot of different options. 

I started out thinking I would go with a young LT. Mekhi Becton or Jedrick Wills or even my guy Penei Sewell were my top options there. But as I thought about it, watching how they do things offensively, I’m not sure they need a big dominant LT. The way they design the offense to move horizontally and get the ball out quickly, it’s not as crucial to have a guy who can drive his man forward and hold up for 4-5 seconds in pass protection. They’ve been okay with Cornelius Lucas there, so I kinda feel like “solid” would be fine there. 

I also obviously thought about WR. I consider WR2 to be one of the biggest needs on the team, followed pretty closely by slot WR. So I spent some time thinking about which WR I’d want, with Deandre Hopkins and Tyreek Hill toward the top of the list. But then I thought about the deep FA class and the even deeper class of quality WR prospects in the draft, and it seems like we’ll have a chance to get one or two the old-fashioned way. Do we really need to use Santa’s magic there? I figured not. 

I also thought about LB and FS. But the defense is already by far the strength of the team, I didn’t think I could continue to give to the rich and ignore the needy. 

Which really left me with one option. Well...two options. Travis Kelce or George Kittle. To me, there’s no other position in the league where you have two guys that are so clearly head and shoulders over everybody else. It’s also a position where the salary is still comparatively pretty low compared to the impact the elite players have on their teams.

Those two guys change the game for their offenses, and unlike just about every other position aside from QB, they affect all 3 aspects of the offensive attack — the run game (as excellent blockers), the short passing game, and the downfield passing game. Between the two, I decided based on age. 

Happy George Kittle GIF by San Francisco 49ers

I mean, he's no Mo Allie Cox but ok.  

On 12/27/2020 at 2:29 PM, e16bball said:

Henry is an interesting one for me. He’s a complete beast, and the interesting thing about him is that he can basically carry an offense on his back — which no other player but a QB can really do. In a vacuum, he’s a very appealing non-QB choice to start a franchise with.

But I kinda like where we are at RB. We’re young, we’re cheap, we’re versatile. I’d love to add an upgrade on Barber as the Thunderback (when does Gus Edwards come free from the Ravens), but I like the Gibson/McKissic duo and what we’re able to do with them. 

I’d like to find our own Gus Edwards in the draft, that’d be nice. For example, AJ Dillon had 124 yards & 2 TDs last night for the Packers.